Arcade buttons not allighned to pcb

Default Arcade buttons not allighned to pcb

hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the arcade buttons to the pcb board, without them being alighned in the standard 4x4 grid, i want to put them into another controller but with the midifighter pcb so i can use the mappings?

Also, if that is possible, is there a way to get the led's to work aswell?

thanks

Yes, you could solder some wire from the terminals on the back of the buttons to the matching terminals on the PCB. Pretty easy if you know how to solder. The LED part would be a bit more challenging. You could de-solder the surface mount LEDs from the PCB and solder some wires to the SMT pads on the board. Then you would need to solder the other ends to another LED. Probably a thru-hole type would work best.

Check out "The Cuban Midi Crisis" article on the DJTT Blog for more tips.

Take up a soldering iron, some wire, a little solder, a lot of time and just go nuts!
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

ahh, i thought that would be the case. When soldering, would i just be able to go directly into the terminal on the pcb where the button usually clicks in, or would i have to go directly into the board, kinda like you would normally have to do?
    Thanks very much for the reply

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I would solder some tips on that would let me plug into the board like the buttons do. That way my board is kept intact and it's easy to disassemble
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i like that idea, by any chance do you know where i would get such things?

Also, while im here, this is to mod arcade buttons into my behringer djx 700, instead of the mic and effects part. Problem is, i just realised the arcade buttons are to deap, and would have to make a hole in the motherboard of the mixer to fit through, does anyone know if this would stop the rest of the board working (ie. the bits that arent drilled throgh, that i want to use)

Drilling through the motherboard is probably a very bad idea. In terms of resoldering the arcade buttons, you could probably find some little spade things to attach to the ends of the wires so they'd slot right into the fittings that are already on the midifighter.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah you can find spade connecters, but you may have to trim some down which shouldn't be very hard to do.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x