14-bit MIDI and the VCI-100 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by monstrejumo View Post
    anyone to insure me that the VCI is OK for manual beatmatching with firmware 1.2 ?
    Yes you can manually beatmatch on it you just need to keep the pitchfader to a low % of pitch and ride the pitchfader a bit more than you normally would.

Thanks BentoSan, but I don't fully understand your statement :

you just need to keep the pitchfader to a low % of pitch
    => is it to be configured in traktor prefs, like, say, assign the pitch fader to 8% speed maximum? or is it to say that I have to avoid pushing the pitch fader to its "extremities"?

and ride the pitchfader a bit more than you normally would
    does that mean that I'll have to make more fader position adjustments that on regular turntables, or that the pitch won't be really fixed once a time, an then needs to be re-adjusted several times during the track playback?

Excuse me if I seem a bit retarded, ans ask too much questions about the same thing in a this non dedicated topic

Thanks a lot

1) Yes that traktor config thing - keep it on 8

2) yes - but that will be fixed eventually

Thanks!

Tech Guru

I find with the sliders set to 10% and two extra buttons mapped to the lowest adjustment, I only rarely encounter two tracks where I need to ride the pitch. If you're using beatgrids (IMHO this will open up worlds of perfect-sync opportunities for you) you won't need to worry about it too much anyway. The VCI-100 is a solid workhorse that is being actively improved upon too, so I'd say between the two, go Vestax.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    If you're using beatgrids (IMHO this will open up worlds of perfect-sync opportunities for you) you won't need to worry about it too much anyway.
    +1 i only ever touch the pitch faders if im doing pitching tricks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234