NS7 + Traktor Scratch Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default NS7 + Traktor Scratch Pro

I know people might have seen this on the NI forum. I'm still working feverishly on this.

All the controls have been mapped via MIDI, I think about four assignments are different than the OEM functionality but compliment Traktor nicely actually.

One the biggest things is controlling the effects without needing to use an external controller, such as the NSFX, etc.

Some people might like being able to use the gain and tone controls + Delete/Shift to adjust the effects.

Loop Roll has been implemented using the Beatmasher 2 sound effect and uses the same button combinations as Itch.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this and figure it out.

I already have TSI's available on the NI forum and the next version which will be 13 will be released after the next update because it's not compatible with current versions.

Looking for any tips since I only got into midi programming this years basically when I got my NS7.
    Last edited by djquartz; 12-04-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Tech Convert

You can download version 12 here which works with Traktor Pro 1.2.0 - 1.2.2

http://medialocker.sasktel.com/invit...7&r=mg&lang=en

now i have to spring for traktor pro lol

Tech Convert

Yeah, been doing some more testing and it's working well, so far.

The only hangup is supporting the platters. I've been racking my brain for awhile trying to make this work.

Tech Student

I accept with information: One the biggest things is controlling the effects without needing to use an external controller, such as the NSFX, etc.
    Some people might like being able to use the gain and tone controls + Delete/Shift to adjust the effects.
    Loop Roll has been implemented using the Beatmasher 2 sound effect and uses the same button combinations as Itch.

How do the platters work. Responsive? Can you hit clean cuts like on itch?
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Mentor

Do the platters transmit MIDI signals when they move, or are they HID? If they're HID, would you be able to transform the HID signals to MIDI in any way?
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Convert

Actually, I had a ten minute thinking session before I attacked the platter issue and I figured it out.

I used some switching logic with modifiers to make the platters work with just using midi values.

So now I can cue, scratch, spin forward/backwards, play in reverse, etc.

It's not perfect, but it works pretty good for a first attempt.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out is how to slow down and speed up platters directly with the pitch control. That's the only thing not working right now, so in otherwords, it's always playing at 0% right now regardless of what the pitch is set at.

I also mapped the start/stop time knobs this morning and they function as well now.

Tech Convert

Well I hit a wall until I find extra information what messages are sent to the NS7 to adjust rotation speed based on the pitch control position and range.

So, looks like some more research is required.

Tech Convert

Here is version 13 of the TSI file

Download here, http://medialocker.sasktel.com/invit...4&r=mg&lang=en

Note: You need to be running at least Traktor version 1.2.3 to use this file.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast