Couple of questions after a gig this weekend

Default Couple of questions after a gig this weekend

Hey DJTT,

Another good weekend playing out on friday and saturday night. It was pretty slow but I still had a few people to keep dancing and the good word keeps spreading.

Saturday night the sync function in traktor was jumping all over the place. Now I forgot to shut down my computer from the night before so it probably needed a restart but eventually it calmed down. I turned back the latency a bit to be safe.

Does anyone know what would cause the sync to not hold sync? I never had the problem before. Maybe it could have been the powered usb?

One more thing,

Those controller users ever go one-in-one with a dj using cd decks without using timecode? It came into my mind last night. I was just wondering how everyone would approach it.

I'd probably use timecodes cause I find the X1 a little awkward for trying to manual beatmatch. There is something about the visual feedback a pitchfader gives.

I'm half thinking of remapping the SL25 and use it again. Lots of faders to use for sample decks when I get to upgrade to TSP2. I find the keys ok for response. I dont do any hardcore beat juggling that requires mega quick response like the midi fighters. Plus, one sl25 it easier to plug then X1 and one or two midi fighters. Its all cool. The Sl25 is a bit lacking on the feedback all though it does have the screen so thats not so bad. Hmm.. maybe I should get mapping.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Leo View Post
    Those controller users ever go one-in-one with a dj using cd decks without using timecode? It came into my mind last night. I was just wondering how everyone would approach it.
    Hey, just wondering- what do you mean by this?

I think he is referring to playing a back to back set with someone who spins regular CD's, when your on timecode.

And the answer to that for traktor is:

You are playing timecode on Deck A and B.

Your last track is on Deck B.

After channel A is completely cut out:

Click the big "A" on Deck A inside Traktor to bring up the drop down menu.

Select Audio Though.

Now the other DJ's CD will route through your Audio Interface as if it was just a double male RCA extender.

Same thing for Deck B when you cut out B, and then the CD DJ has both decks.

Same thing in reverse to set them back to "Timecode Control" when you go to play again.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Sick Exokinetic, Thanks!

I was thinking that I needed to have 4 cdjs going and have 2 in traktor and 2 just playing cds.

Simple click of the button though. Forget about it.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Wizard

I, too, was having problems with Traktor Scratch Pro syncing last weekend. The button was simply greyed out and it completely failed. I had to manually pitch-control and beat-match with my turntables all night long, such a pain....haha

Anyway, let me know if you solve this problem, it might help me as well.
    You really are my Ecstasy, my real life fantasy.
    I’ll never be the same, I'll tell you for sure.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I, too, was having problems with Traktor Scratch Pro syncing last weekend. The button was simply greyed out and it completely failed. I had to manually pitch-control and beat-match with my turntables all night long, such a pain....haha

Anyway, let me know if you solve this problem, it might help me as well.
    Did the songs have beat grids?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Did the songs have beat grids?
    Yes, I beat grid all of my tracks. Same ole' TSI file, same setup, everything untouched. Maybe a restart of the computer was all that was needed?
    You really are my Ecstasy, my real life fantasy.
    I’ll never be the same, I'll tell you for sure.