X1 LED for Hotcue State 1
    Tech Wizard

Default X1 LED for Hotcue State 1

Hey everyone,

So I recently picked up an X1 and am working on mapping it for what I need. I am essentially done, but I have one problem. I mapped the 16 buttons at the bottom to cue points for deck A (left 8 buttons) and deck B (right 8 buttons), but when I load a track the LED for cue 1 won't light up (mapped to the IN button). I found out, thanks to my roommate, that the reason it doesn't light up is because the first cue tends to be a grid type, and thus my mapping for output of Hotcue 1 state doesn't apply. I have the buttons mapped exactly like I mapped it on my APC40 and I never had this problem. Is there a fix for this? I didn't see any Grid cue 1 state or something that I could map to output the LED for a grid cue point.

In case this helps, the three things I have mapped to each button in this area are
    1) Set/store Hotcue - Button - Hold - Deck A - Hotcue 1
    2) Send Monitor state - Button - Trigger - Global - Invert
    3) Hotcue 1 state - LED - Output - Deck A - Controller Range(0, 1) - Midi Range(0, 127)

TL;DR - LED for Cue 1 won't light up since it is often a grid cue point.

i don't know what value is sent for a grid type but if u keep the controller range set to min=-1, max=5 then it'll output all cue types.

leaving the controller range as -1 to 5 should then output 0 for no hotcue, 1 for a normal cue and 6 for a loop, not sure about others...

also - u don't need to map "send monitor state" afaik. when a new track is loaded it automatically sends out any hotcue status if you have any "hotcue X state"'s mapped
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Thanks zestoi , worked perfectly! To be honest, I was basically waiting for a reply from you because I know you are one of the more knowledgable people on these forums, especially with mapping. And yeah I just tend to regurgitate pieces of other mappings to build my own custom mappings so I threw that send monitor state in there just to be safe, good to know its not necessary in this case.

cool, glad i could help. it's always fun putting together your own mappings one of the biggest plus points for me of using software with controllers is being able to map each control exactly how u want it, rather than just using someone elses mapping verbatim.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

I want to make some LED candles with these and mix them in with the pvc kind. I can't wait to melt some hot glue on the container and see how well the votive still shines through.
    The tube is rather pliable and I am curious to see if the hot glue melts it a bit.