Korg nanoPad2 first impressions - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    ok.... easy on.... with your comments and all the cross posting we'll start assuming you're trolling for vestax kidding... ish

as i said just before - thats probably a nice feature when drum programming etc but pretty pointless when using as a dj controller imho. personally i'd rather use a windows app to change the settings so i can see them all on one screen - then be done with it. i presume the vestax comes with some software like too tho? would be dumb not to anyway.

it does seem like a nice package tho - will def wait to see how much the price comes down as it seems too high atm - esp as u paid 200$ for one...

edit: having the option to change the params on the controller itself is still a nice feature ofc - but i'd prefer to use that rotary encoder to send midi - which i hope/assume is also an option?
    There's no software/discs in the box for editing fyi, might be able to download it off the internet somewhere maybe.
    And I just tried, the encoder doesn't seem to send midi signals, but it does show C01 ~ C16, what does mean? Channel 1~16? what does that do?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeluv View Post
    There's no software/discs in the box for editing fyi, might be able to download it off the internet somewhere maybe.
    And I just tried, the encoder doesn't seem to send midi signals, but it does show C01 ~ C16, what does mean? Channel 1~16? what does that do?
    no software is no biggie i guess as once it's setup it's not going to be changed often.

shame about no midi on the rotary tho - would have been useful - else that encoder will just sit there pointlessly unused almost all the time.

1-16 will be to set the midi channel.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    no software is no biggie i guess as once it's setup it's not going to be changed often.

shame about no midi on the rotary tho - would have been useful - else that encoder will just sit there pointlessly unused almost all the time.

1-16 will be to set the midi channel.
    I just started DJing recently, and got in love with "controllerism", borrowed my friend's nanopad and realised the drum pads on the nanos just ain't responsive enough to play Ean's stuff, and then there was PAD-One.

First I bought pad-one was simply to trigger cue points and samples, but unexpectedly the pads are so responsive that can be used as an instrument. So here am I for new idea about controllerism and free MP3s.

I just started DJing recently, and got in love with "controllerism", borrowed my friend's nanopad and realised the drum pads on the nanos just ain't responsive enough to play Ean's stuff, and then there was PAD-One.

First I bought pad-one was simply to trigger cue points and samples, but unexpectedly the pads are so responsive that can be used as an instrument. So here am I for new idea about controllerism and free MP3s.
    cool. controllerism does seem quite addictive. i'm more old school i guess. sold my 1200's about 3 years ago and hadn't really produced any of my own music in years either - but this has all sparked my interest in music+dj'ing back to life...

not sure about free mp3's... maybe thats ok if you're not planning on playing out but personally i beleive in paying for them. they're a damn lot cheaper than the vinyl i used to buy anyway. i'm sure there's some free/legal ones to get too tho...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

but there's no acapella version of songs for sell. I found some pretty interesting ones in Ean's juggling routine vids.
    Ableton Live 8, Traktor Pro 2, Typhoon, PAD-One, nanoKEY

but there's no acapella version of songs for sell. I found some pretty interesting ones in Ean's juggling routine vids.
    There are plenty of acapellas for sale. Just go to beatport.com and search acapella and you'll get several thousand results.

Tech Convert

Cool! thx bro~ =)

Tech Convert

hey mate, i played around with Traktor Pro2 wit' PAD-One, lots of fun pushing the pads controlling FX amounts creating sick noises!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Lin45ANBk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234