Korg nanoPad2 first impressions - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    if it's anything like the prototype I fiddled with at bpm last year, it'll be worth it, just about

Yup, I got mine almost a month ago, and I'm loving it!

The Pads are velocity sensitive(which are very useful controlling effect values, press the pad lightly will start the effect with low value, but while having my finger on it and keep pushing it down will turn the effect knob up).

About sensitivity of the pads, here's my 4 song cue juggle attempt, check it @0:44 , you can see how responsive the pads are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgzX2l6eJqI

Quote Originally Posted by mikeluv View Post
    Yup, I got mine almost a month ago, and I'm loving it!

The Pads are velocity sensitive(which are very useful controlling effect values, press the pad lightly will start the effect with low value, but while having my finger on it and keep pushing it down will turn the effect knob up).
    ah cool.... that's aftertouch you just described - didnt realised it had that....
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

the vid isn't demonstrating the velocity sensitive pads, since the pads in that vid were assigned to Audio(wave files), not MIDI nor from effect racks.

I can show you how the pads work in other vids if you want.

Here's a vid I found on youtube about velocity sensitive pads @1:19
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJQk2zDb9E

the vid isn't demonstrating the velocity sensitive pads, since the pads in that vid were assigned to Audio(wave files), not MIDI nor from effect racks.
    sure - i just meant what you described was after touch - not the video.

it does look like a very cool device - just not sure it's worth the cash. i presume they've been released now then? just had a look and the website i found still said "forthcoming" and at 107gbp! ouch... thats about 2.5 times the price of a nanopad2.can't compare to the lpd8 i guess as thats so old its also soooo cheap.

if it was a bit cheaper i'd be tempted tho - as basically an upgraded nanopad with much better build quality.

cheers for the 2nd video link too - hadn't seen that one. the pads do seem good based on your video. wonder how they compare to the lpd8 ones...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    sure - i just meant what you described was after touch - not the video.

it does look like a very cool device - just not sure it's worth the cash. i presume they've been released now then? just had a look and the website i found still said "forthcoming" and at 107gbp! ouch... thats about 2.5 times the price of a nanopad2.can't compare to the lpd8 i guess as thats so old its also soooo cheap.

if it was a bit cheaper i'd be tempted tho - as basically an upgraded nanopad with much better build quality.

cheers for the 2nd video link too - hadn't seen that one. the pads do seem good based on your video. wonder how they compare to the lpd8 ones...
    True that it's a little bit pricey, but the money was well spent IMO, for the aluminum casing and solid build quality , it's really built to last and "touch as brick" like Vestax described... and by saying that, I've dropped it a couple times and it still works.

True that it's a little bit pricey, but the money was well spent IMO, for the aluminum casing and solid build quality , it's really built to last and "touch as brick" like Vestax described... and by saying that, I've dropped it a couple times and it still works.
    plus it does look cool... i also like the idea of the rotary for changing xmitted note numbers while drum programming - tho that rotary would almost get in the way for dj'ing once you've got it all mapped etc.

i only recently bought an lpd8 and scs.3d so i have enough to experiment with and map atm tho i might be tempted in a few months if the prices comes down a bit.

how much did you pay for it?

Tech Convert

plus it does look cool... i also like the idea of the rotary for changing xmitted note numbers while drum programming - tho that rotary would almost get in the way for dj'ing once you've got it all mapped etc.

i only recently bought an lpd8 and scs.3d so i have enough to experiment with and map atm tho i might be tempted in a few months if the prices comes down a bit.

how much did you pay for it?
    @JPY16,800, that's around USD199.

I don't like rotary knobs, prefer Faders better, since with Faders I can control upto 8 FXs at the same time(up to 10 FXs if your thumbs r long enough...), not two.

With velocity pads controlling effects? umm~~~ Let your imaginations run wild baby!

@JPY16,800, that's around USD199.

I don't like rotary knobs, prefer Faders better, since with Faders I can control upto 8 FXs at the same time(up to 10 FXs if your thumbs r long enough...), not two.

With velocity pads controlling effects? umm~~~ Let your imaginations run wild baby!
    ouch not cheap... personally i have really got into using pads to control effects - and only using a rotary for certain types. 8 fx would have to be too many at the same time anyway unless only used every every now and again i guess

i do like the velocity sensitivity combined with the aftertouch of the padone tho - that would be bery handy for effects.

with some cunning coding (bomes etc) the aftertouch could be very very useful. you could use the note/cc (not sure what the padone sends - and makes no odds really anyway) data that is sent out after the intial noteon (or non zero cc) to control something completely different - until a noteoff or zero val cc/noteon is received etc....

Tech Convert

ouch not cheap... personally i have really got into using pads to control effects - and only using a rotary for certain types. 8 fx would have to be too many at the same time anyway unless only used every every now and again i guess

i do like the velocity sensitivity combined with the aftertouch of the padone tho - that would be bery handy for effects.

with some cunning coding (bomes etc) the aftertouch could be very very useful. you could use the note/cc (not sure what the padone sends - and makes no odds really anyway) data that is sent out after the intial noteon (or non zero cc) to control something completely different - until a noteoff or zero val cc/noteon is received etc....
    here's another vid explaining CC notes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXhaoBMpQQ

There's another cool thing about PAD-One is that it's got "Edit" function "built in", you can change midi(note & Velocity & CC) signals for each pad, anytime, by editing right on the unit itself. Just click on that black tiny little Edit button on the top right, tab any pad you wanna change, roll the encoder to change value, and then press the Edit button again, whola, DONE! That's so intuitive and convenient.

There's another cool thing about PAD-One is that it's got "Edit" function "built in", you can change midi(note & Velocity & CC) signals for each pad, anytime, by editing right on the unit itself. Just click on that black tiny little Edit button on the top right, tab any pad you wanna change, roll the encoder to change value and press the Edit button, whola, DONE! That's so intuitive and convenient.
    ok.... easy on.... with your comments and all the cross posting we'll start assuming you're trolling for vestax kidding... ish

as i said just before - thats probably a nice feature when drum programming etc but pretty pointless when using as a dj controller imho. personally i'd rather use a windows app to change the settings so i can see them all on one screen - then be done with it. i presume the vestax comes with some software like too tho? would be dumb not to anyway.

it does seem like a nice package tho - will def wait to see how much the price comes down as it seems too high atm - esp as u paid 200$ for one...

edit: having the option to change the params on the controller itself is still a nice feature ofc - but i'd prefer to use that rotary encoder to send midi - which i hope/assume is also an option?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast