TP2 & File management
    Tech Wizard

Default TP2 & File management

Hey all,

After messing around with a few hard drives, swapping music here and there, ive needed to import a lot more music. This is my big first import into TP2.

So imported into iTunes per usual and created new playlist (i usually do them by date of import)

Then opened up TP2, open iTunes tree, right clicked on playlist, analyze playlist then imported the playlist.

So after that i checked the playlist in the playlist tree in traktor, none of the tracks had been analyzed. So re-analyzed tracks, job done.

Question being, when i add track to this playlist in iTunes, shouldn't TP2 recognise new tracks upon me restarting it?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

No. TP2 will recognize the additions in the iTunes tree, but not in the collection. That needs to be manually updated. If you add a shortcut to the playlist itself, that will update, but it will be in iTunes, not in Traktor still.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

It never updated automatically in TP, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    No. TP2 will recognize the additions in the iTunes tree, but not in the collection. That needs to be manually updated. If you add a shortcut to the playlist itself, that will update, but it will be in iTunes, not in Traktor still.
    this. The traktor collection and iTunes library are separate, the idea being that it won't add tracks to the collection without you wanting it to. You can add a playlist, but it doesn't maintain a sync with it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Ok, i'm just going slightly mental with all this music...

Ta muchly both