Tech Mentor

Default how to modify cell/slot pattern ? Traktor remix deck

Sup boys

I was wondering how is it possible?

Any idea?

Cheers

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi,
    I'm not sure what patterns do you refer to. Can you please add more input to the topic?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what patterns do you refer to. Can you please add more input to the topic?
    Hi Stewe

Actually I'm refering to what's happening here

at 2:14 for example on the 4th slot on the left.

or here after 1:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCS66UwsKrg

The only command I found was slot size adjust which is kind of similar but the pattern is always the same.
    I spent like 40mn doing tests with my knob in relative mode but the pattern won't change, just the slot size

I guess its just a combo of commands right?

Btw how a one shot sample can be in a loop mode without the loop mode sign being on?
    Last edited by trabz; 08-27-2015 at 05:53 AM.

I don't really get, what D.W. is exactly doing in the clip, but i can tell you that as long as a sample is triggered, traktor considers the sample still playing, even if it is a not-looping one-shot-sample. The sample in the clip is playing (color of the sample i lit up).
    You can manually stop (rewind) it and then manually trigger it again, or you can do both at the same time (traktor command: retrigger).
    To loop a one-shot, you can loop the whole deck. Of course this loops ALL sample slots.

Hope this helps, Sūl.
    Last edited by Sulherokhh; 08-27-2015 at 05:42 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trabz View Post
    Hi Stewe

Actually I'm refering to what's happening here

at 2:14 for example on the 4th slot on the left.

or here after 1:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCS66UwsKrg

The only command I found was slot size adjust which is kind of similar but the pattern is always the same.
    I spent like 40mn doing tests with my knob in relative mode but the pattern won't change, just the slot size

I guess its just a combo of commands right?

Btw how a one shot sample can be in a loop mode without the loop mode sign being on?
    This is a Digital Warrior the controller which has a step sequencer built in to the firmware. It uses a sequence of midi note messages to automatically trigger the samples in the remix deck based on the the hardcoded patterns or the ones that user can write on the fly. This is not something that Traktor is able to offer by it's own mapping capabilities.

If you are interested in this stuff, you can check out the Midifighter Twister which also has a step sequencer built in. And mapping can be found at the MAPS section of the site.

I don't think Digital Warriors are available any longer. But the Twisters are
    Check this link for more informations:

https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...ighter-twister

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    This is a Digital Warrior the controller which has a step sequencer built in to the firmware. It uses a sequence of midi note messages to automatically trigger the samples in the remix deck based on the the hardcoded patterns or the ones that user can write on the fly. This is not something that Traktor is able to offer by it's own mapping capabilities.

If you are interested in this stuff, you can check out the Midifighter Twister which also has a step sequencer built in. And mapping can be found at the MAPS section of the site.

I don't think Digital Warriors are available any longer. But the Twisters are
    Check this link for more informations:

https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...ighter-twister
    Thanks for the explanations ! Yeah I already know about the twister, I was considering buying one anyway but I wanted to be sure about the pattern since it's the only thing that I really need.

I'm still a bit reluctant though cause there are some functionalities from the twister that I already mapped onto my cntrl:r : so I don't need them but I'm afraid I won't be able to erase it from the twister since, as you said, everything is mapped inside the twister and not in traktor...

And if I buy it I will have to redo the mappings for all my controllers right? Due to import tsi file
    Last edited by trabz; 08-28-2015 at 10:18 AM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trabz View Post
    Due to import tsi file
    Not quite, you can import multiple mappings in Traktor. Since Twister's mapping isn't effects tied you can do so by navigating to the Controller Manager and then "Add...>Import TSI>Import Other...." and locating Twister's Sequencer TSI.

Only the sequencer layer is hard coded into the device but you still have 4 MIDI banks you can customise freely, meaning 64 knobs and 64 buttons ready for action. =) LED status will update on all controls as you navigate each bank so no need to setup the knobs when you move across these.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Not quite, you can import multiple mappings in Traktor. Since Twister's mapping isn't effects tied you can do so by navigating to the Controller Manager and then "Add...>Import TSI>Import Other...." and locating Twister's Sequencer TSI.

Only the sequencer layer is hard coded into the device but you still have 4 MIDI banks you can customise freely, meaning 64 knobs and 64 buttons ready for action. =) LED status will update on all controls as you navigate each bank so no need to setup the knobs when you move across these.
    kk so I guess I don't have any more excuses, I'm ordering it now

Cheers mate Its gonna save me a lot of mapping hours I was actually using sandboxie to have 2x traktors opened at the same time, and was adding manually each line I liked/needed
    Last edited by trabz; 08-28-2015 at 01:43 PM.