DJ TECH TOOLS Novation Twitch - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Personally I'm pretty excited about the Twitch. It seems like it has recieved some hate on other sites ive visited, but it really looks to be the controller of the future. So much potential with this controller.

I dont have any proper equipment yet, just using virtual dj and mouseclicks, but im really excited to get the twitch.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by riotto View Post
    Personally I'm pretty excited about the Twitch. It seems like it has recieved some hate on other sites ive visited, but it really looks to be the controller of the future. So much potential with this controller.

I dont have any proper equipment yet, just using virtual dj and mouseclicks, but im really excited to get the twitch.
    I think for 500.00 bucks you get a neat controller that resembles an X1 with a mixer portion, you get Serato Itch that will soon have 2.0 out, and you get a soundcard. That thing is gonna do some damage at the price and also being flexible for use with Traktor.

Im diggin it.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    well i think the itch labelling is on the controller and the Tpro label comes in teh box - i meant there wont' be two overlays in the box - as in not a blank one for us to create our own labelling.
    Not a blank one, no. But the tags are different, i.e. filter on Traktor overlay but not on Itch, Shift on Itch but not on Traktor etc. So, there must be two entire overlays. No blank ones, just one for Itch pre0installed on the item and one for Traktor, will all the Traktor mapping tags in the box.

Or so I understood it....
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Jeeze its a dinky lil thing isnt it !
    Looks about a similar size to the VCI to me.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Jeeze its a dinky lil thing isnt it !
    I was about to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Looks about a similar size to the VCI to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Not a blank one, no. But the tags are different, i.e. filter on Traktor overlay but not on Itch, Shift on Itch but not on Traktor etc. So, there must be two entire overlays. No blank ones, just one for Itch pre0installed on the item and one for Traktor, will all the Traktor mapping tags in the box.

Or so I understood it....
    I think it's like the X1, it's all labeled up permantently for itch but you can put the traktor overlay on top if you want.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Whatever it is. I'm pretty excited about it!

I think I've made my mind up to ditch my VCI, Audio2DJ and LPD8 for the Twitch. Leaving me with Twitch and a Launchpad for live control. LOTS of colourful buttons and touch strips

Deffo gonna try Itch though. But might stick to Traktor (as I've already got it), using the Twitch as main controller and Launchpad with a two independent deck-specific Midifighter mapping and sample, loop controls. Could be a sick combo for total control!

Tech Guru

^ once the Bridge comes to Itch which has been announced for 2011, that combo with a Launchpad would be dangerous!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

And I already have Ableton too. This is making me lean more and more and more towards the Twitch. Laptop, Twitch, Launchpad and external hard drive is all I'd need to take out live. A pretty lightweight setup.

I assume the Bridge allows the use of Ableton VSTs, instruments etc all in Itch then? Would be awesome to use the Launchpad for Max4Live instruments during mixes making completely unique mixes each time.

Just a little update, I emailed novation to make sure they'll be showing off the twitch at Sonar in barcelona this year, which they will. The distance from my flat to the sonar day area is about the same as the distance from the top of this page to the bottom, so the plan currently is to get myself a ticket and head over there. it starts on June 16th, so hopefully I'll be able to find the answers to a few questions before the release date. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Pioneer have a stand as well as serato and ableton, so while it may not be on the same scale as NAMM or Musik Messe it looks interesting. And the DJ lineup for the Sonar at night part looks killer. Sadly I don't have even a half decent camera (blackberry is all right now) so i can't guarantee good pics.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Anyone notice that the Traktor overlay/map has no controls for fx section buttons, aside from on/off? (and unit selection, obviously). Not a problem for turning on fx presets or programmed settings, but no flexibility for manual changes (eg delay on to delay freeze). That alone means remapping is mandatory. I've got mixed feelings about this one, at least on the Traktor side of things...
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast