Traktor Slicer Idea
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor Slicer Idea

So, you've probably seen that Novation Twitch which enables a god-level feature in Serato, the slicer. This is literally the shit, an on the fly MPC built into a DJ interface, and as soon as I saw it I looked at my new shiny Traktor 2, and thought "... Why can't you do that?"

Looking around, a lot of people are getting moist over this slicer, and got to thinking how this could be done in Traktor. And you know what? I have no idea. However, I looked at the sample decks and immediately thought "... Hello"

I'm looking for a way to grab samples for bars of audio, for example, I want Traktor to grab a sample from 7 or 8 bars away. I think this could be possibly be achieved with some abuse of the beatjump, but obviously we don't want it to glitch the audio.

So I call on you, Traktor Cartographers, (Traktographers?), do you know how this could be achieved? This is literally the missing piece from making a slicer mapping for the Midi fighter (which I don't have) and Launchpad (Which I do have!), and it's really boggling me.

Tech Guru

Default Kinda got it!

Well, I've got something close to the slicer, btt takes pressing a button 8 times on the beat. It acts just like the slicer when it's set up, but obviously thats not what we're after, we want one button press to set it all up.

I just set it up on like an 8 button super combo, it's immense. I had this in mind when I saw the sample decks of the S4, but that slicer in twitch is just, arrgghh *dribble*
    Last edited by Sambo; 04-09-2011 at 12:33 PM.

i dont think its possible, i imagine it would have been done well before now. It's not exactly an original idea.

Tech Guru

Well, I know it's not original, like I said it's an MPC essentially. There's an earlier Traktor tutorial video that Ean Golden did where he tries something similar with the beatslicer but it doesn't really work like the MPC.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Well, I've got something close to the slicer, btt takes pressing a button 8 times on the beat. It acts just like the slicer when it's set up, but obviously thats not what we're after, we want one button press to set it all up.

I just set it up on like an 8 button super combo, it's immense. I had this in mind when I saw the sample decks of the S4, but that slicer in twitch is just, arrgghh *dribble*
    You can upload a videosample of your super combo ?
    i wish listen that for new idea about the slicer

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    i dont think its possible, i imagine it would have been done well before now. It's not exactly an original idea.
    This is correct I tried to build a clone of it the other night and I got as far as functioning jump and loop. But traktor only supports 1 2 4 8 16 32 jumps so you can't jump to 3 5 6 7.
    Which would be fine if you can stack the jumps but you can't, if you bind a 1 jump and 2 jump to the same button it will only jump 1 beat instead of the hoped 3 beatjump.

Tech Guru

@LopDog, Sure, I'll try and set up a recording to show you,

@Remote, I know, how irritating is that. I guess I'll have to settle for my 4/8 button presses!

Tech Mentor

@Sambo... solved it Stack Cue/Moves BUT put them on modifers and then have the button set to auto inc the same modifer.

I've only tested it roughly then but it might just work. Seems clean enough with the audio too.

pleas do a video/ share the mapping!

I'm damn curious about this, and had a couple of thoughts, too.

Tech Wizard

@sambo Thank you

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast