Traktor Slicer Idea - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Okies, lemme handle your demands on by one...

Here's a screenshot of Dump.exe
    The buttons I pressed, it's registrating... So it seems working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    Okies, lemme handle your demands on by one...

Here's a screenshot of Dump.exe
    The buttons I pressed, it's registrating... So it seems working fine.
    awesome... so looks like i just have a bug in learn.exe then. tbh that was put together a bit *hackily* just so i could map my controllers more quickly than doing them by hand. i'll work out what's up and fix.... cheers for all the info and feedback - much appreciated

edit: no need to do anything else to help debug - if learn.exe is showing odd data but dump.exe is ok - then i just need to work out what's up with learn.exe.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Here's a screenshot of Midi-Ox.
    I've changed the settings where i choosed the Midi-input [2] of the Xponent,
    and it already registrates some values... of the pitch bend.
    I'm beginning to think, this is an issue of my controller instead of your software, since 2 month ago, I poured some beer into my controller on accident, and had it repaired at some tv/video-doctor, as in, cleaning the board inside, aswell as the faders/etc.
    Tho, this isn't a coincidence, that Midi-Ox is registrating stuff going on, altho I haven't touched anything yet.

Okies, just opened up Traktor 2 and immediately see the CTRL led on my screen, flickering on and off, so there's midi coming in.
    Maybe this is becoz Learn.exe being an ass, or midi-ox, so let me turn off my controller and open up Traktor again...
    Keep u updated!

Here's a screenshot of Midi-Ox.
    I've changed the settings where i choosed the Midi-input [2] of the Xponent,
    and it already registrates some values... of the pitch bend.
    I'm beginning to think, this is an issue of my controller instead of your software, since 2 month ago, I poured some beer into my controller on accident, and had it repaired at some tv/video-doctor, as in, cleaning the board inside, aswell as the faders/etc.
    Tho, this isn't a coincidence, that Midi-Ox is registrating stuff going on, altho I haven't touched anything yet.

ah...... ok - that explains a few things then. my idj was outputting data by itself before i removed the faulty pitch fader. if midi-ox is showing data when u don't press anything then it must be the controllers issue.

also that data there is a high resolution pitch bend - and midimasher doesn't handle those yet - hence why the odd data would have been seen.

tho i do have pitch bend buttons on my nanokey so this has reminded me that i need to add support for the high res pitch bend message at least. shouldn't be hard
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Okies, just opened up Traktor 2 and immediately see the CTRL led on my screen, flickering on and off, so there's midi coming in.
    Maybe this is becoz Learn.exe being an ass, or midi-ox, so let me turn off my controller and open up Traktor again...
    Keep u updated!
    cool cheers. tho midiox and/or learn.exe can't have the midi port open to your controller while traktor also does - so just looks like traktor is confirming what they show.

not a biggie if u don't need to use the pitch bend ofc. also i could compile u a learn.exe that just ignores those messages if u wanted.

Yep, just noticed it's my right pitch bend of my controller.. when i moved it up and down now, it doesnt get the input nomore (as in, the CTRL led stays off, and only goes on when i'm touching a button or doing other stuff on my controller).

Okies, one more test, as u can see here...
    The right pitch-bend, or.. pitch_bend_deck_b, is overruling, once I push other buttons, it goes back now and then to the value of that pitch-bend.

So guess my controller is fucked.
    Altho i've never had any issues with it when DJing with this, I think?

shame - i guess the only way to fix it is to open it up and hope that there's some debris u can blow off or something that is causing the issue - or replace them.

only really an issue tho with using any software's "learn" feature - so long as it's not causing any other spurious midi messages to occur then u can just remove the mappings in traktor to do with your pitch fader and u shouldn't have any issues.

i can create u a midimasher devices file by hand (or via a bit of perl) if i can find a config file for it from some other app - maybe from torq or something

I have some ideas of how this might be possible and have the same flexibility as in Serato. I'll try some things and keep the forums posted.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast