Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by andreanegri View Post
    DJTT said you can have 4 or 5 overlays stacked on a VCI100, it's very difficult to remove.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Sadly we can't just assume that everyone who has a VCI also has a midifighter. Although they all should, come on guys, get your acts together!
    Personally, I'm using a VCI-100 and a Launchpad. No need for a Midifigher for me (yet, at least!).

I use the VCI-100 modified to TP2 3.6.4 DJTT mapping along with this Launchpad mapping. Works amazingly! Have my sample deck buttons, 8 hot cues, a Midifighter(ish) for each deck and loop, play, sync buttons which I've customised for a looping/effects sections. Also modded the top corner of teh VCI for the sweep effect.

All in all, works superbly with no need for a Midifighter!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    No need for a Midifigher for me (yet, at least!).
    Don't be foolish. Everyone needs a midifighter.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Don't be foolish. Everyone needs a midifighter.
    ATM I have a VCI + APC40. To say that I use both to full efficiency would be a lie. So many buttons, so many possibilities...

I also have a triggerfinger, which unlike the midifighter has touch sensitivity, but it's the summer project that keeps being pushed back.

So I want, but my brain is overloaded atm, the few nodules left are for the music (& the drugs ). MF will have to wait.

Can't wait for the new VCI mapping though.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Mentor

hmmmmm... the problem with that is that at the moment the VCI stands alone as an all in one traktor pro controller.. but forgive me for saying you are - in theory at least - telling me I HAVE TO now buy a midi fighter to continue using my VCI... just sayin...

Something I would like to see is being able to control 1 decks cue points with all 8 arcade buttons aka simultaneously being able to play cues 1-4 5-8 without having to switch between the two. Its not really that big of a deal but its came up before where i wish i had the option. Ya I could map the cues to my MPD but I don't always bring my other controllers out with me. Other then that there isnt much I would change. The VCI100SE is a powerhorse! I would be very sad if DJTT ever decided they would no longer support such a sick controller. Ean Golden and the guys at DJTT IMO are the reason the VCI100 is still running strong today and for this I Thank You

Perhaps a 'leap' as well as a loop would be good. It's a feature that's on Deckadance where you can use leap, rather than loop, and it will play 1/32, 1/16 etc all the way through to 8, 16 and 32 beat loops. However, when you then drop out of the loop, it will leap to where it would have got up to had you not used the leap section.

It's a pretty nifty feature to eliminate dull parts of tracks easily as well as to create remixes on the fly.

Also, with regards to looping features, it would be good to be able to utilise TP2's new feature of being able to press 'loop' to set the end point of the loop (as opposed to the start). So it would then jump back xx beats (whatever you select - similar to how normal looping works). This is useful to create cool buildups by selecting it at the end of a buildup, to then re-loop the build up section. Then, shortening the loop by halving it as it goes on, which shortens in towards the end point (not the start point as usually happens with looping). You can then create so cool roll effects by using the filters and echo and when you drop out of the loop it will be at the 'drop' for the tune or perfect to drop in your new tune.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaygee View Post
    Im up for the fx buttons to double as sample deck control and volume controls for the sample decks .
    Me too. I have been trying to map this myself, but the behavior of those buttons is strange. They send more than one midi note. Pressing down sends B5 and letting go sends CC045, which is somehow preventing my mapping from working. I'm guessing this was functionality added in the DJTT firmware upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by andreanegri View Post
    DJTT said you can have 4 or 5 overlays stacked on a VCI100, it's very difficult to remove.
    It's not that hard at all, as long as you use something like Goo Gone to get rid of all the excess glue. Don't try rubbing alcohol, just pony up the $3 for Goo Gone and it's pretty simple. A new overlay will only stick to a perfectly clean, smooth surface.

I made a short little photo tutorial on my blog on how to remove VCI overlays: http://www.distracteddispatches.com/...0-overlay.html

Tech Student

Loving the current mapping, however, a few features that I am missing that are currenty in the S4: (don't know if this is actually doable)

* BEATJUMP/MOVE LOOP: when no loop is active, the knob/button/whatever jumps the specified number of beats, if a loop is active, the loop is moved

* JOG WHEEL BROWSE MODE: when in browse mode, use the jog wheel to quickly navigate through long playlists/folders

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast