Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I use only VCI without anything else to not have complex setup and needing little space for my stuff.

Tech Mentor

i would say a lot of folks do still use the VCI for internal mixing yes, and I think a whole lot of people would give up on the VCI 100SE if it became just a controller solution, as to be quite frank there are more appropriate solutions out there if you don't want X & Y faders, nor EQ. Tough times for our little friend. Are we seeing with the S4's arrival, Darwinism in it's truest and purest form? While the new creature in the environment is not actively attacking its neighbour, it IS however simply better suited to the environment, and unless the VCI-100 can adapt.......

horses for courses, my dear man. The VCI still has its place.

And I'm pretty sure "Darwinism in it's truest and purest form" would involve sex and death in the mix somewhere, not just an alternative controller entering the market.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

...... also........Here in Europe on ebay I am starting to see a fair few VCI-100 standards and several SEs per week on auction.

Buddy I am ALL for sex and death whenever I can get it, but the idea of Darwinism is greatly misunderstood in modern times "Survival of the Fittest" does NOT mean aggression, attack, violence, etc, etc.. it simply means species indirectly competing for the limited available resources of a given environment. For example, you only need one species of squirrel to be a bit bigger heavier and to be faster and more efficient at consuming the available food supply, and even though this squirrel does not attack the other species in any direct way, it still drives the other species to the brink of extinction!

FYI: I'm never giving up on my VCI 100 SE, and as soon as another overlay is available I'll be ordering it.... that is unless they abandon internal mixing completely that is!

dude, it was a quip, I'm not trying to clarify a definition of darwin's theory of evolution! Trust me, as a devout atheist I am well aware of how it works, I just found its application to the controller market rather amusing.

And anyway it does all come down to sex and death. Only one of which a controller is capable of.

If you miss out on food because of competition, you have sex less and die more. Simples.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    unless they abandon internal mixing completely that is!
    That will never happen.

Tech Mentor

you die MORE?????????

I'd rather die a little bit less

I see your located in Barca, now back in London but spent 6 years in Madrid flying between there and london, and the VCI-100 was a godsend for it size, portability and ruggedness. Enjoy Sonar dude!

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    Enjoy Sonar dude!
    I live literally right next door to one of the sites. So pumped

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think so
    is it pretty easy to remove an existing overlay?

Tech Wizard

DJTT said you can have 4 or 5 overlays stacked on a VCI100, it's very difficult to remove.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast