Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJTT mappings for TSP2

I would love to free up the two buttons left of the cue/play to be pitch bend buttons when the scratch is taken off rather than the two effects.

Reason being if you are in a club with heavy vibrations and turn of the scratch you have to use the mouse to pitch bend if you dont wish to use the touch sensitive tops.

Also would be amazing if when using external mixing mode you could turn the line faders into the pitch controls.

Also a fix to stop the the sync button resetting your pitch when you take it off. Previously you could load a track and tap the sync button to match the tempo but then manually cue up etc. now when you press and release the sync button it goes back to tracks original bpm. The only way round this is to start the track with the sync button on and use the jog wheels then whilst playing release the sync button. you can then stop the track and use cue points but this is long winded. Alternatively you can change the master clock over to the other deck. Any ideas>? this is my major grip with TP2.

Quote Originally Posted by wrigh_a View Post
    I would love to free up the two buttons left of the cue/play to be pitch bend buttons when the scratch is taken off rather than the two effects.
    FYI, the slice/echo buttons are among the most popular functions of the current mapping according to my poll:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28122
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Default Juggle mode as sample deck

Personally I never use juggle mode, so could these be mapped to turn on C & D as sample decks, and then slice/echo/cue/play as the sample play buttons, keeping the normal c&d buttons to load the decks as track decks...

Please?

And I know it's probably a long/weird/too complicated shot, but how about a separate mapping and overlay for those who do and don't own midi fighters? I'm a pauper.

Tech Mentor

I would love to see you guys come up with a really good comprehensive mapping that addresses (most of) the functionality from TP2. I also think you have a hell of a challenge ahead of you to successfully position any future VCI 100SE overlay/mapping alongside the S4. I'm holding off for a while to see what you come up with before going the S4 route (VCI-100SE users are nothing if not fiercely loyal), and I would be happier than a pig in s*** if/when you blow me away with a true TP2 solution....!...... just please don't leave it too long... ;o)

Tech Convert

^^^^^^ what he said! ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by marc.elektro View Post
    Would it make sense to have all the cue points 1-8 available on all 8 transport buttons below the jogwheels instead of having cue points 1-4 and 5-8 on two separate button presses? I'm not very familiar with mapping on Traktor so I don't know if that's possible. Perhaps to select what deck to use for cue point juggling we can use a modifier the same way a modifier is used to route fx to decks 1 or 2. That way the current "Juggle 5-8" button can be freed up for sample decks? Again, I don't know if that can be implemented but it might lead to better ideas.
    I've always fancied having access to all 8 hotcues for either deck a or b (i.e. without loading the same track in both decks). 4 always felt restrictive for playing "cue point chords" so to speak. Perhaps Juggle 5-8 could instead be an "all 8 hot cues" mode, which when on, would enable a couple of buttons (such as the deck c and deck d buttons) to decide which deck gets all 8 hot cues, triggered by (in my case) all 8 arcade buttons

what do others think?

Tech Mentor

an all in one mapping would be great, but i can definitely see the use of complimentary mappings for the x1 and midi fighter!

Tech Guru

Loop shift. This works great on the s4 and x1. Could be the current loop buttons with another shift button? Not sure how many folks use the fx section to control loops? Don't think it's as popular as other things. Perhaps make the mapping for 3 decks and one 4 bank sample deck?

At some point you have to compromise features vs to many layers to get confused over. This will be tough but sometimes. Less is more. I'd be happy to help or test
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

I hardly use the looping option in the fx controller anymore.
    -Why not transform it to a loop move/size controller instead: one knob for loop size another for move size & the 2 buttons for back or forth, same for the other buttons. Either make em deck A & B or whatever view has the focus. I have a keyboard mapping for this & I use it constantly.

-Also would be nice to have 2 editions of vci: one for internal mixers, one for external. My xfader is just sitting there wasted cos I mix externally. Just think what can be done with all those extra knobs & faders. mmmm...

-In sample deck mode, the 4 eq knobs can maybe control volume/filter [shift]?
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    I hardly use the looping option in the fx controller
    -Also would be nice to have 2 editions of vci: one for internal mixers, one for external. My xfader is just sitting there wasted cos I mix externally. Just think what can be done with all those extra knobs & faders. mmmm...
    I wonder how many people use the VCI stand alone as an all in one controller. I'll always keep my VCI because it makes a great fx/loops controller, and hopefully soon a sample controller too when I make the TSP2 jump, but my standard controls i.e EQ/Line Faders/X-fader etc. now live elsewhere. Are many other people in the same boat? (wether internal or external)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast