Midifighter Extreme!! mod project!! - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Beast! Absolutely love this forum, can't wait till I get started DJing.

Quote Originally Posted by guywithknife View Post

In any case, we are still perfecting the Traktor mappings (well, Sidetrakd is), which is slow going, since the Traktor UI is a bit of a pain to use.
    ^^^ this!

With our global banks I have access to far more MIDI commands which makes some stuff easier.I've never mapped anything too crazy before and everything was going pretty well until I tried to map some outputs.Turns out even in tp2 everything can be made pop and crackle when working with led outputs
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Keep at it - sounds like you're nearly there.

I'm looking forward to a video of it in action when everythings done.

Tech Convert

Default Sick project!!

Inspired me to try one of my own! Wondering which encoders/knobs you went with, I've been hunting on mouser and found way to many. I have no idea about the pulses per rev and the output style, any help here is appreciated!!!

Thanks and good luck, it looks like its going to be alot of fun!

sidetrakd what kind of black paint did you use on this project?

Quote Originally Posted by "cjz" View Post
    Wondering which encoders/knobs you went with, I've been hunting on mouser and found way to many. I have no idea about the pulses per rev and the output style, any help here is appreciated!!!
    I had four 10k pots,not sure what brand they are.Dont know anything about encoders myself

Quote Originally Posted by extraclassic View Post
    sidetrakd what kind of black paint did you use on this project?
    Its a generic satin black car paint,Everything was sanded smooth,well primed and rubbed down with wet and dry sandpaper!
    My next project I'm cutting aluminium tops though,We abused this case during testing and reckon the paint wont be the most durable for gigs etc.
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    I had four 10k pots,not sure what brand they are.Dont know anything about encoders myself
    Ah, I want to use encoders for things like eq's, filters, and fx. Endless encoders would mean wherever I left them set in traktor they would pick up from no mater where the actual knob was. They measure in pulses per rev and Im trying to figure out a good number. I assume 2 is bad ie. 180 deg is one and the other 180 is 2 and so on.. but I don't know if I need 400 or if that is excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by "cjz" View Post
    Ah, I want to use encoders for things like eq's, filters, and fx. Endless encoders would mean wherever I left them set in traktor they would pick up from no mater where the actual knob was. They measure in pulses per rev and Im trying to figure out a good number. I assume 2 is bad ie. 180 deg is one and the other 180 is 2 and so on.. but I don't know if I need 400 or if that is excessive.
    Ive tried controllers with encoders and hated looking at the screen to see where theyre at.I suppose years of using mixers has me used to the feel of standard pots

Ive tried controllers with encoders and hated looking at the screen to see where theyre at.I suppose years of using mixers has me used to the feel of standard pots
    Love them for going threw my browser. Beyond that i dont see much use for them.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Convert

I can see that. My issue is that I generally have a shift key and will have knobs set to different effects, this can cause issues. Guess its a matter of preference.

Looking forward to new updates!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast