Mapping Maschine to Traktor - Jumpy knobs!!!
    Tech Mentor

Default Mapping Maschine to Traktor - Jumpy knobs!!!

So I've been trying to map the 8 encoders on Maschine to the FX in traktor

I'm trying to have two knob pages, one for FX 1 and 2 and the other for FX 3 and 4. Now I thought the displays on the Maschine would update depending on what page it was on and what that parameter was at. But apparently not! The displays on the Maschine show the amount to be the same for both pages, and therefore I get knobs jumping about in Traktor!

Does anyone know how to get the Maschine knobs to correspond to whats going on in Traktor?

This is getting really frustrating...

Tech Convert

I've been kind of curious about this as well, I'd love for someone to create a mapping where you can switch from controlling the effects banks to EQ, but I think the encoders are going to prove to be a problem. Good luck!

Tech Mentor

I thought the whole point of having encoders was to control multiple things without the knobs jumping about when you switch parameters

Unfortunately after I sent my TSI to NI tech guys they admitted the knobs even though they are endless rotaries only act as a standard knob from 0 to 127, so when you map them they have a definite value. Soft takeover is needed for these knobs and it sounded as thought they are not going to do anything about it

I have recently made a full 4 deck internal mixer control mapping as shown on my site:

http://www.steven-james.com/2010/06/...ternal-mixing/

cue points using the pads, beatmasher and gate FX plus loops & size and full browsing functionality taking away any need for a mouse all with complete LED feedback too. (as shown in the video).

TO BE USED AS A FULL INTERNAL MIXER CONTROLLER WITH THE ADDITION OF FLEXIBLE 4 DECK CREATIVITY.

- Complete 4 Deck Control (NO NEED FOR MOUSE)

- Play Cue Points (Auto detects for Cue play mode too)

- Beatmasher & Gate FX Control

- Filter Control instead of EQ’s
    – Internal Volume, PFL & Mixer control
    – Loops, Sync & Recording
    – Full Browser Window Control & Folder Navigation
    – Deck Duplication
    – Momentarily Deck Mute

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by stevenjames View Post
    Unfortunately after I sent my TSI to NI tech guys they admitted the knobs even though they are endless rotaries only act as a standard knob from 0 to 127, so when you map them they have a definite value. Soft takeover is needed for these knobs and it sounded as thought they are not going to do anything about it

http://www.steven-james.com/2010/06/...ternal-mixing/
    That really really sucks. What the hell is the point of having endless encoders then?

Also, the fact that they only act as knobs effectively makes half the templates provided with the controller editor completely useless!

like the Live template, when I use the knobs they jump around like crazy!

what the hell NI???

Tech Convert

Oh i agree i just started to map for traktor and i wanted to take one knob for beatjumps but its just not working!!
    Dammit!
    But the knobs are there there really should be some update to the controller editor (atleast)