Adding extra faders to VCI
    Tech Mentor

Default Adding extra faders to VCI

Hi I know theres been a couple people add extra faders to there VCI's,

Just wondering if there is any tutorials/Guides on how to do it floating about, any help would be much appreciated.

Thinking of using the 2 small centre pots (currently used for cue mix / Volume on DJTT overlay) - I have thought another alternative (far more easier - not as cool though) would be to add larger knobs to these current knobs and modify the mapping - (that would work wouldn't :/ at this point It may be good to mention that I have no experience of modifying mapping in traktor) :P

I eagerly await your replies

Cutta Boi

Modifying the mapping is not what I'd be worried about. It's quite easy if you know some basics.
    I'm not quite sure though what your intention is. Do you want one or more EXTRA knobs, or do you want to upgrade the existing ones?
    Sorry if I misunderstood you but 'add extra faders' and 'add larger knobs to these current knobs' seem to mean something different?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    Modifying the mapping is not what I'd be worried about. It's quite easy if you know some basics.
    I'm not quite sure though what your intention is. Do you want one or more EXTRA knobs, or do you want to upgrade the existing ones?
    Sorry if I misunderstood you but 'add extra faders' and 'add larger knobs to these current knobs' seem to mean something different?
    Hi sorry I didn't make it quite clear,
    what I mentioned was 2 possible (different ideas)

1) Adding 2 extra line faders (rewiring these from the 2 centre pots)

2) Adding to larger Knobs to the existing pots to make them larger and more usuable - Then use them to control the line faders for deck C & D....

Hope I've cleared things up

Cheers

Cutta
    Also can you reccomend any guides to modify midi maps?

Okay that clears it up, thanks.
    Option 1 is (I think) quite possible, but I have no experience whatsoever with it so unfortunately I can't help you on that one. Option 2 is possible but I'm not sure whether it's easy to find those 'caps' you'd be looking for that fit on the stock faders.. (And also be bigger!)

You can teach yourself how to map, at least I think that's how everyone here did it, at least thats how I did it..
    Basically you just go in Traktor to settings-> midi mapping
    then from the Add button select the function you want to add and adjust some parameters and click LEARN then the button on your controller. I've written a rather longer piece about this here.
    If things are unclear, ask! Good luck

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    Okay that clears it up, thanks.
    Option 1 is (I think) quite possible, but I have no experience whatsoever with it so unfortunately I can't help you on that one. Option 2 is possible but I'm not sure whether it's easy to find those 'caps' you'd be looking for that fit on the stock faders.. (And also be bigger!)

You can teach yourself how to map, at least I think that's how everyone here did it, at least thats how I did it..
    Basically you just go in Traktor to settings-> midi mapping
    then from the Add button select the function you want to add and adjust some parameters and click LEARN then the button on your controller. I've written a rather longer piece about this here.
    If things are unclear, ask! Good luck

Nice one, thanks for the heads up bro, much appreciated

Cutta