Ableton 8 Announcement Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
    i've been using Live in the studio for a long time now, but unless Live 8 gives us individual track tempo nudge (instead of the current global tempo nudge) i still keep on using traktor or djdecks for dj-gigs as i don't like to beatgrid everything beforehand, and also often a correctly beatgridded track sounds better when it's just a few ms before or after another track (phase issues etc.) which you can simply do with traktor/djdecks by bending the track on the fly, but is simply not possible in ableton live while playing the tracks.
    Isnt it possible to change the track delay in ableton to achieve this effect ?

Tech Wizard

you can change the track delay indeed, but this gives all kinds of unwanted artifacts in the audio, at least on my system )-:

Tech Mentor

Hmm I need lessons now!!
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Guru

i've been using Live in the studio for a long time now, but unless Live 8 gives us individual track tempo nudge (instead of the current global tempo nudge) i still keep on using traktor or djdecks for dj-gigs as i don't like to beatgrid everything beforehand, and also often a correctly beatgridded track sounds better when it's just a few ms before or after another track (phase issues etc.) which you can simply do with traktor/djdecks by bending the track on the fly, but is simply not possible in ableton live while playing the tracks.
    The phase issue is an interesting one which I have had happen, but hadnt really thought too much on. Individual track BPMs would be insane, and make ableton even more of a demon DJ tool.

I can't wait until my software shows up, got Live 7 and will upgrade to 8 with its release. It could not have been a better time for my choice to switch as I have a weekend long hockey competition to DJ (with two other DJ's) and lots of short clips are needed (goals scored, between stoppage in play, changing teams).
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Isnt it possible to change the track delay in ableton to achieve this effect ?
    That's what I thought too...

you can change the track delay indeed, but this gives all kinds of unwanted artifacts in the audio, at least on my system )-:
    Haven't had that tbh. I am doing that sometimes when tweaking my own productions.
    True, you have to tweak it really well, but it pays off for me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

so there hasn't been any developments with the serato/ableton partnership?

I think it is too short notice to seriously present something on NAMM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i really want to upgrade but can't afford it, think i might just buy the apc then once i get the money get live 8,

live 8 is such a beast
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Tech Convert

Any surround sound support?

With kind regards,
    Hugmac

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast