Ableton 8 Announcement Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Dont tell me im the only one who thinks this is totally friggen epic ?
    It is epic matee! Truly EPIC to the extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Dooo iiiit.

I seriously am seeing less and less reason for traktor. The only one being is if you really like having platters.

Especially with looping n such ableton is soooo much powerful and the advantage of combing production and DJing is total joy.
    Ah man, If you like it that much, grab hold of the Ms. Pinky Pluggo, which can run through the MAX environment, and you'll have that one sorted too.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Dont tell me im the only one who thinks this is totally friggen epic ?
    OK so briefly looking at MAX my 1st impression it basicaly its just a customized sort of Reaktor designed to work in Live?

Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by rvltion909 View Post
    OK so briefly looking at MAX my 1st impression it basicaly its just a customized sort of Reaktor designed to work in Live?

Am I right?
    Yup, but its all alot more organised and it also has access to the Live API - im dieing to see what can be done with it.

So this has driven me over the edge to get Ableton... Who wants to by a VCI-100?
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Quote Originally Posted by P-Phunk View Post
    So this has driven me over the edge to get Ableton... Who wants to by a VCI-100?
    Open another thread if you want to sell your vci.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by P-Phunk View Post
    ... Who wants to by a VCI-100?

i just made a thread about this hahaha... can't afford one at the moment unfortunately

The new Ableton Live 8 rocks!!! Cant wait 2 get my hands on it!!!

Tech Guru

Traktor is still the best for on the fly mixing and more traditional DJing, ableton is just so awesome in that it allows you to really push the boundaries of what DJing is.

Looper and the nudge/tempo tap on the APC40 especially are dope for this. I will be able to sample my vinyls easy as on the fly and build up tracks from vinyl samples as well as MP3s and straight vinyl. Combined with abletons sweet effects and stuff like sidechain compression allows you to do crazy stuff.

One of the things I'm looking at doing now is working with beatboxers to do crazy stuff. Recording loops of the beats and the basslines and then doing scratching etc over the top, as well as adding effects will be fkn crazy

so far I think Ableton has the rest beat hands-down with their latest release for 09 NAMM

It will be hard not to jump right out and buy it......along with that APC...a dream.

We are truly getting closer to the "computer" and musical instrument lines vanishing.

Tech Wizard

i've been using Live in the studio for a long time now, but unless Live 8 gives us individual track tempo nudge (instead of the current global tempo nudge) i still keep on using traktor or djdecks for dj-gigs as i don't like to beatgrid everything beforehand, and also often a correctly beatgridded track sounds better when it's just a few ms before or after another track (phase issues etc.) which you can simply do with traktor/djdecks by bending the track on the fly, but is simply not possible in ableton live while playing the tracks.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast