Old fashioned toggle switches??

Default Old fashioned toggle switches??

My Ableton setup is complicated, currently I use every control on a Bitstream 3x and a Novation Remote Zero. Too often during sets, I get confused about which plug ins are enabled on a track and which aren't. I want visual feedback on my controller. The simple solution seems to be old-fashioned toggles. a glance tells you the position it is in, and I can pop things on when I need them and off when I don't. The problem, I think, is that most midi buttons send an instantaneous 127 or zero and then nothing. Toggles don't really work that way. I am guessing that is why you never see them on commercially produced controllers. Can I build a toggle controller with the HID product or any other product? It seems to fix the problem of visual feedback on the controller. If not, is there a design that integrates an led easily for 127/0 visual feedback? I want to know with a glance when certain things are on and when they are off. I want to build it myself too. Please don't suggest an expensive controller, I already have two of those. By the way, thanks for any help.
    Last edited by mattomatto; 03-21-2009 at 05:01 AM.

There is one controller that has old toggle switches with led indication.
    (Look at the controller in my sig)

I know some love to diss me regarding the Behringer BCR2000, but you might want to give it, or its' brother the BCF2000, a go.

Not too expensive(ringing in at 135 euros), but solid as you'd want it to be.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Its true that controller has nice l.e.d. feedback, but a whole controller would make my setup huge. It wouldn't replace the functionality of my other two, so I'd be lugging around three controllers. What I think I want to try is to buy the hid card and make a strip of 8 of the old on/off toggle switches. I guess my question is will they work? they aren't a momentary switch like most midi controllers use.