Akai APC 40 - The ultimate Ableton controller? - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

lol thanks

Merged. (Nice digging MisterMoleyMole )

Can't wait for the APC40 to end up at my doorstep.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

so do people literally only need this apc and ableton? does ableton really come with enuf sounds to make any style of music you want i'm wondering if i'd still need to invest in some sample library, NI's Battery, vst's or something for more sounds?

what sounds are ppl like calvin harris, diplo and sebastian tellier using to make beats? do they make the beats b4 putting them into ableton?
    lastly - if people are able to remix and/or mash using this apc/ableton duo, do they get a shit load of acapellas or is there a way to isolate teh vocals?

i downloaded a trial version of live and it does have a large selection of sounds and kits. so i guess live 8 (or even 7) has more than enuf to make some electro/future disco style beats

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    so do people literally only need this apc and ableton?
    Depends, it will be more than enough if you fix it like step sequencers and lanching clips.

Recording clips, you might want to resort to MIDI keyboards.
    (Though Ableton has a sleek convert keyboard to MIDI function)

does ableton really come with enuf sounds to make any style of music you want i'm wondering if i'd still need to invest in some sample library, NI's Battery, vst's or something for more sounds?
    Ableton Suite comes with nice add on sound VSTs. You will be able to make a nice start.
    Ofcourse it will become better with VSTs and samples of your own preference.
    what sounds are ppl like calvin harris, diplo and sebastian tellier using to make beats? do they make the beats b4 putting them into ableton?
    You will probably never know, but somehow will come close to eventually. The only thing you'd might know once, is if they build their beats in Ableton, or prepare them first in Fruity Loops, Logic, Reason and so forth.
    lastly - if people are able to remix and/or mash using this apc/ableton duo, do they get a shit load of acapellas or is there a way to isolate teh vocals?
    Shit load of a capellas mostly.
    Isolating vocals is not that great, of you do succeed, they will mostly sound like shit anyways.
    i downloaded a trial version of live and it does have a large selection of sounds and kits. so i guess live 8 (or even 7) has more than enuf to make some electro/future disco style beats
    True, but it is always nice to add some VSTs every once in a while, just to broaden your horizon.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Mentor

If Akai is nice, we'll have this thing in two weeks!

Well, tbh, it's still a Japanese company...

I have a tendancy of adding a month to release dates of japanese companies.
    (Own experience for working in a japanese multinational.)

But, I can't wait to have mine too.

Which is the online shop in europe that has the lower price? In italy the price is around 450-470 euros :eek: but in europe there is no extra shipping taxes so if anyone knows a good shop..

Just wait another month. Hopefully all will become clear than.
    (Nice Armin van Buren Avatar dude! )

I can't waitttt I have a nice project for my next setup.. tell me what you think.

macbook pro 15" with traktor pro controlled with a Stanton SCS.1D in "external mixer" mode, routed via software into 2 or 4 channels of live 8 used as the mixer and additional effects, controlled by the apc40. Audio Kontrol 1 for the sound and additional tracks in ableton for samples, loops, microphone and record.. naturally with 2 screens one for TPro an the other for ableton..

tell me your opinions!

bye

ps: thanks for the avatar I love it!

Default to those that have prordered the APC40

this video is making me straight impatient. i dont think the akai product demo and the namm videos do it justice. but check this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3kF6dt4uo

also join this forum: http://apc40.nice-forums.net/ its gonna blow up once this thing gets rollin
    Last edited by the shmobletons; 05-14-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: messed up link

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast