DJ-Tech controllers 2009 - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Armageddon... points go to google ftw!
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Kel Am View Post
    beeson, gotta ask. whats the build like? the quality aspect. will i be ending up with a knobless knob or slider-less slider in a month or two?
    Damn... u just reminded me that the knob flew off of my roommate's Xone 62 at a gig last night. Forgot to look for it.

Anyhoooo, it varies a bit with each of there products from what I remember at NAMM. I liked the 202 unit that they had. It seemed to be well made. Which product are you thinking of?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    Armageddon... points go to google ftw!
    Alright a thousand points to you. Now its time for the hoedown!

LOL!

im just starting out i dont wanna spend a bomb on gear, yet.
    so i was thinking of the "i-mix total pack". whats your comment on the basic i-mix? to me it looks realllllly fragile. well thats just me i haven't seen it f2f.
    bedroom jocks, unite!

just looked it up... http://www.djtechmart.com/cart-eu/C-...otal-Pack.html

That's definitely a good price for getting started. I've never scene a package like that before... its a good marketing strategy i guess.

So let me start with the positive. The controller will get the job done and it's quite light. One bad thing about the VCI is that it's a beast. Heavy and awkward. It's also got quite a few buttons in a symmetrical format. So you can figure out what works for one deck and duplicate that for your other decks in your midi mappings.

Okay, the downside... this thing is light. I had to be careful when doing fast fader throws because the whole unit would move. If I used this unit at a gig, I'd probably get some sort of rubbery material for the bottom side so that it would stay in place better. Not a huge issue though. Second, with this great price you're not getting touch platters. Depending on what you want to do with the controller, that might be feature you'd want to pay more for... on that same site I saw their i-mix reloaded for $249... without all that other stuff though. One other comment, the knobs and sliders worked just fine, but they don't have the machined feel of the more expensive controllers. For getting ur feet wet they're fine though.

Hope that helps.

Tech Convert

thanks for the indepth review b33son!
    bedroom jocks, unite!

Tech Wizard

yeah b33son thanks for that.. exactlly what i wanted to hear about it!

Thanks for the review B33SON, I'm off to town to buy one in one hour, just hope they got them left, the imix used to be 214 dollar and not its only 140, and thats about how much I can sell my x-session pro for.

I would want to buy a vci 100 but here in Sweden they go for 700 dollar :[

Im also wondering if you are willing to share your tsi? Dont know how you configured it, but it would be nice to have a configuration some what like eans vci 100 tsi available here.

And if you guys are interessted I can post pics of everything from the controler to the package.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for all the info on the DJ-Tech products B33SON, was wondering if you have tryed the vinyl turntables from DJ-Tech? Like this package
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCu7kxpDIL8 or anything similiar?

Tech Mentor

dj Chriss is bound to become a classic...

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    Also the Knotrol One comes with a adhesive Black overlay that is meant for Traktor Pro and looks really sharp (see pics below)

i just received two kontrol one's, and i must say i like them very much so far! i love the dial for switching between decks(midi channels) and having four encoders at the top of each is great for effects.

but i do have a question, i'm not seeing how the black overlays are adhesive....? that back doesn't seem to come off like a sticker, and i even tried scoring it with a blade, but i don't know... ?
    i imagined the back would peel off to reveal adhesive-ness. am i wrong?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast