DJ-Tech controllers 2009 - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Glad to see you here Luis. You would be the right person to answer: Do the knobs send different midi messages when you change the layer switch, or is it a deck focus switch? I think this matters when using Ableton.

Thanks to thic for the previous answers.
    @Twumpy

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Do the knobs send different midi messages when you change the layer switch, or is it a deck focus switch?
    The "layer switch" is placed at the top left of the controller (...I have called it "deck select" in the serigraphy). It's a rotary switcher with four possible positions (1, 2, 3 & 4). This rotary switcher changes the midi input/output channel of the controller (all the controls!)... let me explain this trick in detail:

- When you are in position 1 then all the controls send midi messages via midi output channel 1, if you change to position 2 then all the controls send midi messages via midi output channel 2... and the same for positions 3 & 4.

- The above is valid for all the controls... knobs, slider, buttons, jog..etc.

- The midi input channel (...important for feedback leds) also changes when you change the rotary switch position (...similar to above).

What does mean different midi channel outputs/inputs for us (...the users)? Well, this mean that you are sending different midi messages when you change the rotary switcher position. This is good because you have 4 controllers in 1, some utilities of this feature are:

1) You can avoid midi conflicts when you use it in collaboration with other midi controllers. Generally all midi controllers send messages via midi output channel number 1, so that if you turn the rotary switcher of the Kontrol One to position 2 then you won't have duplicate midi messages (...for example frank can use the Faderfox and the Kontrol One at the same time without problems).

2) You can control 4 decks (...with independent feedback led) with one controller.

3) You can use four Kontrol One controllers at the same time without problems (...for example in Traktor).

Is it more or less clear now?

Tech Mentor

I get it, thanks. Pretty clever idea. I also like the fact that the rotaries are endless, which puts it ahead of XOne1D for me, along with the price
    @Twumpy

Tech Mentor

Default Kontol One

Below
    Last edited by thictool; 09-20-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Tech Mentor

Default Kontol one

Here a post with pics explaining the Kontrol One's with the DCM4000. BTW the Kontrol One and the DCM are the exact same height.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...p?t=17&page=67

Tech Convert

hey guys, new to this forum. Hi!

the products by djtech looks really promising. any idea where its retailing or if theres any online store that stocks djtech product?
    after a lil research, djtech is actually a China made product/company. pros/cons if any?

btw beeson, heard your track on youtube...so sick man. so sick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kel Am View Post
    hey guys, new to this forum. Hi!

the products by djtech looks really promising. any idea where its retailing or if theres any online store that stocks djtech product?
    after a lil research, djtech is actually a China made product/company. pros/cons if any?

btw beeson, heard your track on youtube...so sick man. so sick!!
    thanks...

the dj tech products are sold mostly in Europe and Asia. They're just starting to push into the US market over the last few months. Not sure where to pick up their products right now, but I know they're available in online retailers... better prices when u buy stuff like this online anyhow.

They're actually sending me some stuff right now to review. I'm going to create some videos which I can share with you and give you a better idea of how they work. Let me know if you have questions and I'll try and answer them or even demonstrate them in the video.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

The biggest con is actually that they are made in China
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    The biggest con is actually that they are made in China
    lolz... um, aren't all electronics made in china?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Convert

American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!
    1000 points to whoever guess which movie reference that's from.

beeson, gotta ask. whats the build like? the quality aspect. will i be ending up with a knobless knob or slider-less slider in a month or two?
    bedroom jocks, unite!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast