DJ-Tech controllers 2009 - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Careful guys, is not this company the "DJ mouse" one?
    Yes. Strip away the wild and somewhat misleading claims in their advertising and the underlying product is at least interesting. Same with these devices - look at what they can actually do instead of what the wildly frothing marketroid copy is claiming and there actually may be something useful in there.

I'm reserving judgement until I've met the devices F2F.

Nice one limey we still use the i-mix club edition also. Man this thing has been thrashed and midi tweaked to sheiss. Apart from the normal knob wear its been rock solid as. Actually i prefer the wheels on it to our Hercules. Pretty small and not enough knobs for me these days, now that we have been mucking round with the DJM-700/2 Controller setup, but when i was getting started it was perfect. Personally i think the dj mouse is basically a good idea, but they need to make it look less fisher price'ish, but as limey says, don't judge them on that. the Re-Load is a great controller for example.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Default Kontrol One

Just got two Kontrol One units today. These units are rock solid with super sturdy & acurate large touch sensitive jog wheels, hard plastic low profile/action buttons with a nice click to them (that are twice the size of those of the VCI-100), 4 endless push button rotary encoders (with LED rings) that have plenty of space between them (even for the fattest fingers like mine) perfect LED feedback on all buttons and encoders rings while using Traktor....even after 6 hours. No freezing what so ever....not even at startup or anything....Also the Knotrol One comes with a adhesive Black overlay that is meant for Traktor Pro and looks really sharp (see pics below)

Wish I could say the same for the VCI.....but after years of using the VCI, I couldnt take another day of it fighting with Traktor and Freezing endlessly. Of course if you disable the VCI LEDs it doesnt freeze....but what fun is that.

Also I got tired of the VCI layer situation and non symetrical layout with its uncoordenated....."this side does this, and that side does that" theory. Even after three years of using the VCI, I was constantly frustrated having to engage layers just to use effects, then trying to keep track as I want to effect two decks at once....Its seriously daunting...even with "Shift"

I also bought the Stanton SCS 1m mixer to use with the Kontrol One units, so I will have more control then I could possibly know what to do with.

Also some folks seem to be doubting the Kontrol One units because its being marketed by DJ-Tech. Well this unit was accually concieved and produced by Kontrol DJ (makers of the KDJ500) who make rock solid equiptment. http://kontrolprodj.com/content/view/19/1/

From what I can tell DJ-Tech is marketing the Kontrol One as a package deal so they can add their crappy mixer to it and call it the Hybrid 202. http://www.djtechpro.com/product_det...product_id=286

The DJ-Tech mixer is not midi at all and is simply a analoge mixer with some very cheesy sounding effects so I would beware of the package deal unless it sound appealing to you.
    Last edited by thictool; 09-15-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Tech Mentor

Hey, it actually looks pretty good in black! Please keep us posted about your experiences thictool.

Two questions:
    1. Can you chain these units or do they both need their own usb port?
    2. Have you experinced any clashing having two of these controllers?
    @Twumpy

Tech Mentor

Default Kontrol One

Question - 1. Can you chain these units or do they both need their own usb port?
    Answer - They are not chainable because each unit has only one USB port.

Question - 2. Have you experinced any clashing having two of these controllers?
    Answer - Ive experienced no clashing. The reason mainly is because these units have 4 seperate midi switchable layers via the very top left knob. So I set Deck A to channel layer 1 (on one controller) and Deck B to channel layer 2 (on the other controller).

In case this is confusing....lemme explain more. The entire layout - meaning all buttons rotarys faders etc of each unit can be programed in 4 seperate layers that are real time switchable from the upper left hand side Dial.

So even though there are 22 Buttons - 4 endless push button encoders - 1 Jog & 1 Pitch Fader on a single deck...you can acually map 88 buttons - 4 Jog wheels - 16 endless push button rotary encoders & 4 Pitch Faders on a single Deck.

You could easily control 4 decks with only 2 units because each unit has 4 swithable layers to map. And so on....
    Last edited by thictool; 09-15-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Tech Wizard

I´m actually trying to get a kontrol one and my Faderfox to collaborate with TPro 1.2 but it´s a bit pita.I think I have to remap the whole kontrol one.The tsi from their site is only working properly with 1.1.x.With 1.2 it´s a total mess.Or I´m too dumb.

Tech Mentor

Default Kontrol One

I mapped my own TSI and TKS using the "pre-mapped" file from KontrolDJ.

Its pretty straight forward.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by frank tourette View Post
    ...the tsi from their site is only working properly with 1.1.x
    Have you tried the tsi for 1.2.x?

Look here: http://kontrolprodj.com/forum/index.php?topic=734.0

Tech Wizard

You definately make my day, Luis!Works like a charm with my Faderfox.I´m out of words.Are you L.S.D.?This was the fastest shipping ever from Spain!

Tech Student

...works like a charm with my Faderfox. Im out of words.
    Nice to hear.

Are you L.S.D.?
    Yes, I'm . I have take the opportunity to join this great forum.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast