DJ-Tech controllers 2009 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hmm... I don't know. I saw him perform once, but no one was recording it. He did perform at least one other time.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    sorry to highjack the thread, B33SON you don't know if there are any videos of ean at 2k9 NAMM?
    I asked ean about this, the guy who was recording was only there on the first day to shoot the gear - one the second day when Ean had his performance he wasnt there.

I gigged my I-Mix Club for the first time a couple of months ago, although at the time could'nt get the wheels going (due to no .tsi's available and being a midiphobe) so we used the djm-600 for the actual mixing side of things. Now tho everything is all set up properly and i'm having a great time with it. My first choice for a controller would have been the Vestax i think,but they are about 1K here gosh dang it, so at $500NZ not too bad. Just thought i'd share my own XP of them cheers guys
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Well here in Sweden you can get the DJ-Tech i-MIX for 140 dollars which is cheaper then the x-session pro. Thinking of getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by quuz View Post
    Well here in Sweden you can get the DJ-Tech i-MIX for 140 dollars which is cheaper then the x-session pro.
    Cheaper than an X_Session Pro? If the buttons and controls are not too annoying to use and you can remap the MIDI, that's a really good deal for a beginner.

Anyone used it? If your experiences are positive, it will definitely go on my list of beginners gear.

Tech Wizard

I've got an iMix and I could recommend this unit to anyone (as shown on the pic a few posts earlier).

It ain't no creme de la creme, but it's a really great beginners/backup controller. I could easily survive a whole gig if my main unit was disabled somehow.

It's cheap, really simple, and provides you with the features you need as a beginner and of course all buttons can be mapped any way you like it. A nice feature (i assume it's just a lucky coincidence) is that you can plug in in your computer mid-set and traktor recognizes it without needing a reboot.

The only downside (the kind that you find out after you've bought them) are the jog wheels that emits one different midi-note depending on which direction you spin them, making them pretty lame for scratching (i assume - but I'm no scratch jockey myself).

The buttons feels a bit like the VCI-100, a bit harder to press but in no way impossible to get used to.

About 50% of the buttons have LED's beneath them, as easy to activate as the VCI-100 led's for whatever your purposes may be. And if you by them from the swedish company www.teknikmagasinet.se you'll get a 2 year warranty aswell (something I find extremely generous given that this is a low budget, beginners controller).
    Last edited by autonic; 08-28-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Tech Mentor

How is that hybrid mixer supposed to work if you use 4 decks in traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by autonic View Post
    I've got an iMix and I could recommend this unit to anyone (as shown on the pic a few posts earlier).

It ain't no creme de la creme, but it's a really great beginners/backup controller. I could easily survive a whole gig if my main unit was disabled somehow.

It's cheap, really simple, and provides you with the features you need as a beginner and of course all buttons can be mapped any way you like it. A nice feature (i assume it's just a lucky coincidence) is that you can plug in in your computer mid-set and traktor recognizes it without needing a reboot.

The only downside (the kind that you find out after you've bought them) are the jog wheels that emits one different midi-note depending on which direction you spin them, making them pretty lame for scratching (i assume - but I'm no scratch jockey myself).

The buttons feels a bit like the VCI-100, a bit harder to press but in no way impossible to get used to.

About 50% of the buttons have LED's beneath them, as easy to activate as the VCI-100 led's for whatever your purposes may be. And if you by them from the swedish company www.teknikmagasinet.se you'll get a 2 year warranty aswell (something I find extremely generous given that this is a low budget, beginners controller).
    Sounds good, I have a xsession pro but I need something more. Would you mind sharing your midi map? I've been trying to map the xsession and its been going good exept those damn modifiers.

Careful guys, is not this company the "DJ mouse" one?
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast