DJ-Tech controllers 2009
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default DJ-Tech controllers 2009

Hey guys,

just found these new controllers by DJ Tech. Probably something they are displaying on NAMM?

I browsed to these by means of aboutdj.nl, and they have me thinking about the midst of xone:1d controllers and faderfox combined with a hybrid mixer?

The controllers xone:1d a like controllers are called Kontrol One and the mixer is called DJM-202.

Once again credits to aboutdj.nl
    Last edited by tekki; 01-15-2009 at 06:37 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Oh man I'm having fun on that site right now!! lol

http://djtechpro.com/product_detail....product_id=246

This is the company that brought me out to NAMM. I can tell u lots about them cuz I'm demoing them all day long.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Oh yeah that controller above is the Hybrid 202. All that and a case is about $799. Great price and really interesting concept.

b33son, may we haer anything about the build quality (and pricing)?
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Mentor

Also what kind of distribution are we talking about? International or US/UK? Would be sweet to have them at Moog in Montreal :/ (will have to contact them too)

Cool b33son! You took their offer?

Tell us more!

Look,feel and quality?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

The controller above is the Hybrid 202. It's a really cool concept for controllers in general. The thing is sold all together with the case for $799 or each unit individually. I like the shift button that allows you to quickly store cues and loops and recall them. The pitch slider is nice and accurate as are the jog wheels.

The other thing that's really cool about the controller is that there is a knob on the upper left that allows you to direct the controller to point to up to four decks.
    During the NAMM show there was a slight problem with the left touch platter on our demo unit, but thanks to that little knob I was able to point my right controller to control the left deck with just one knob turn. I can see how this could come in really handy on the road. I think all controllers should have a knob like that!

The mixer is a digital mixer with on board effects so you can use effects directly from the unit rather than from within Traktor, Deckdance or whatever other software you use. It also has some tricky crossfader effects that can be activated with by switching a button in the center.

The only thing that I didn't like much was the color and I would like to see some arcade style buttons for cue points on some of these products in the future. I haven't see that anywhere really... but hopefully the rest of the world will catch up with Ean soon.

I saw Ean's demo of his arcade button's live. I have to say that was damn impressive. It made me want to rip out my VCI-100's buttons immediately and replace them like he did.

Ghehehe!

Thanks for the heads up man!

Still thinking about that mixer.

Tech Guru

how are the jog wheels for scratching on the Kontrol One? how do they compare to the vestax vci units?

i'm on the market for a midi controller that I can use to scratch tracks in Traktor, is this a good product for such a purpose?

also what is the price for the Kontrol One?
    thanks
    Last edited by wrong chris; 01-21-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast