Modifier help please! Toggle??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

... you just pick a button to switch M1 from 0 to 1. Any button that you want (except the Vinyl Mode Button).
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Done, I used the superior far right effect button (which I dont use) for the modifier.
    It works the first time but when I press it again, the whole thing doesnt work anymore.. just the crossfader...

Any ideas?

Im settin up the modifier #1, global focus, interaction mode "next", ch 1 and controller type "button"
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

you have that same command set you back to M1V0 from M1V1?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Hey,

Im attaching a screencap of how I have set the M1V0 and M1V1 for the tempo bend... the last line is the button assigned for the Modifier 1.

EDIT:
    Success! It seems I was using the "next" controller interaction and that was screwing all up.. I mapped two keys, one for each value, now the TSI works like a charm!

Many thanks!
    jg
    Last edited by jgcamil; 01-15-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Success!
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

jgcamil:

You will not be able to get this to work properly until NI fixes soft takeover in u[pdate 1.0.3 (fingers crossed :x)

the common use of soft takeover in TP is to control a function on multiple decks with the same physical control. Like what you are trying to do in your 4 deck tsi.

eg: I have pot I am using for Lows and want that to control deck A and deck C Lows. I set a modifier that switches this between A and C.

1. Both A and C are set to 12 o'clock.
    2. I use modifier and switch from A to C.
    3. I turn the pot down to 9 o'clock which decreases the lows on deck C.
    4. I then switch back to A using the modifier
    5. A is set to 12 o'clock in the software but the physical pot is at 9 o'clock.
    6. As soon as i move the pot it sends a midi signal to Traktor and adjusts the software to mirror its physical position causing the Low for track A to jump to 9 o'clock.
    This is bad!

Soft takeover should fix this problem. With soft takeover engaged when I perform step 6, the software should not react until the hardware returns to its original position (in this case 12 o'clock). Once the hardware has returned to its original position it will then reset and begin to control the software again.

Hope that explains it.

Tech Wizard

I see your point... at least for now I have (FINALLY) managed to get 4 decks with TPro and my VCI100.

Lets hope for this fix in the next update!

Hey, if anyone wants this TSI, pls let me know....

Um... there's a soft takeover function in the tsi file... you just click the box that says "Soft Takeover" It works for me
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12