traktor pro - noob q's and WTF!!1 - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

i ve never owned t3 -

i ve just bought a download version of pro 2 days ago
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

ooooh okay. um... then the only thing I could think is that it's tied to the id3 tag for some bizarre reason and is not getting over written. Do you know anyone that has another copy of TPro? I'd offer to check but I'm at work and have a gig tonight so I won't have time myself.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

no worries man - im now waiting for a reply from NI tech support and after reading some of the threads on the forum im really wishing that i had nt bought this product

i moved to denmark 1 week ago so dont know anyone here with traktor

anyways man - have a good gig tonight - hope traktor does nt let you down
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Well, I'm still spinning live on T3 until I get my TPro set up where I want it.

Good luck to ya. If you can get it working, TPro is a great piece of kit, really. It could be a lot of reasons it's not working for you and hopefully NI can help. Hope to see you around, regardless of what piece of warez you use.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

yah man

i was hoping the ableton/serato collaboration was gonna emerge sooner - it has been announced for a while but nothing more

i changed to trak pro cos i just need to be looking at a different interface for djing with - started to feel like im looking at ableton to make my music in and to dj with so though the change would be refreshing

thanks again man for all the patient input

I completely understand. I love using Traktor for DJing, and would rather get into Ableton for the effects and live production over the act of DJing.

I'm sure there's a fix somewhere, I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. GOod luck to you with NI.

We try to build this kinda community. Always feel welcome.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I've got the same problem as you buzby, make sure to let us know if you hear anything back from NI.

Tech Mentor

same problem?

which one bro - i have a whole list to choose from

i ll let you know if i hear of something

have you written to tech support?

the one with the blue cue button inconveniently at the start of the song. I always jump to my first saved cue and start from there, but it'd be nice if it loaded properly

Ok, let's tackle that blue triangle.

It is a marker for the Current Cue-Point and when you open a file it is ALWAYS positioned at the beginning. If you start playing the file and then hit "IN" the point will move to the current position and stay there as long as you have the file loaded.

As for initial Queuing to the "Load Marker".
    For this to work you have to enable it in preferences it is under Loading -> "Intially Cue to Load Marker". Enable this and then set a Load Marker in your track. When you open the file the next time it will queue to the Load marker. The BLUE triangle will still be at the start though!

Now there are two possible ways to start the deck.
    If you hit play and then CUE or CUP it will go back to the BLUE marker and not the Load cue point.

But if you start the deck with CUP the Current Cue-Point (blue triangle) will be set to the current position (Load point) and the track will start playing.

To be honest I would prefer it the way that the current cue point is initially set to the Load Point but hey at least there is a way around it.

/Mike
    Last edited by maru.san; 01-16-2009 at 03:52 PM.
    You must be out of your mind, if you think the way you dress will serve to help the way you rhyme

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast