traktor pro - noob q's and WTF!!1 - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'd keep background analysis on load on. That's why the wave form doesn't display. (I think I've figured this out)

Okay

So I recommended turning off background analysis on load to try and see if it was a latency issue. When the background analysis on load is off the crackling stopped, which to me says it could be a latency issue.

But when you turn off background analysis on load it doesn't give you a wave form. So maybe try tweaking your latency a bit, and turning the analysis on load. Or, just analyze your whole collection and then don't worry about it. I turn it off cause I analyze my entire collection first thing. There's no need to reanalyze the tracks.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Um... that's cause you have an auto-grid marker being set, whereas in T3.4 it's not setting the grid marker. I can almost guarantee that when you delete that grid marker the lines will match the T3 lines.

I don't let Traktor set auto-grid markers.

OMG! how simple!
    it worked, as soon as I delete the marker the grid goes back to normal!

thanks a lot!

Keep in mind it's a setting to drop an autogrid marker. So, if you turn that off, it won't do it anymore.

Also remember that if you have written tags to any track with that autogrid marker there it will stay. But it's easy to fix with simple hotkeys.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

That's cool!
    I take my criticism of TPro back and will need to do some thorough manual reading ))

Thanks again!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I'd keep background analysis on load on. That's why the wave form doesn't display. (I think I've figured this out)

Okay

So I recommended turning off background analysis on load to try and see if it was a latency issue. When the background analysis on load is off the crackling stopped, which to me says it could be a latency issue.

But when you turn off background analysis on load it doesn't give you a wave form. So maybe try tweaking your latency a bit, and turning the analysis on load. Or, just analyze your whole collection and then don't worry about it. I turn it off cause I analyze my entire collection first thing. There's no need to reanalyze the tracks.
    thanks again for the reply

latency thing has nt been the issue i think- i ve tried runnig 4 decks with all effects on and crackling does nt occur until a very low latency value is chosen

thing is - if i turned the back ground analysis on and then put the same track into 4 empty decks - it gives a different bpm value for each?

legal tracks bought from beatport by the way - i will try to analyise the whole collection
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

are you gridding the tracks and locking the BPM?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

well

im trying to grid the tracks as best as i can without much success and also locking them...but would nt a track show the same bpm even if has been badly gridded?

maybe im used to ableton but i would like to be able to zoom in on the waveform a lot more than you can ..
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

If the track is locked I don't think it would change the BPM. But, I guess a work around would be to analyze the whole collection and then see what happens.

Gridding is hard to get the hang of, I know, but once you do it becomes really basic.

What kind of music are you working with?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

yeah - i gotta try to be patient with the gridding

i guess im used to working with ableton and i can warp in that pretty quickly now

working with minimal/progressive/tech - pretty straight forward beats

cheers

Tech Mentor

one more thing
    i can just use a midi controller with a usb connection right ?

i cant get it to work although it is working in ableton fine

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast