traktor pro - noob q's and WTF!!1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Um... that's cause you have an auto-grid marker being set, whereas in T3.4 it's not setting the grid marker. I can almost guarantee that when you delete that grid marker the lines will match the T3 lines.

I don't let Traktor set auto-grid markers.

And, at that, I have had no issues gridding tracks in TPro that I didn't have in T3. I know there's a reason that the waveform isn't being displayed, I just don't know what that reason is. I had the same problem with Traktor Scratch when I first got it. Which is why I say just bring it to the NI forums, or get in touch with support or something and see where it can go.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Sounds like the tracks arnt being analyzed at all by Tpro, not too sure why that is.

Go into your Traktor Pro preferefernces - File Management tag - them make sure Background Anaysis when loading into deck is enabled.
    thanks for all the replies

i turned the background analysis off to stop tracks loading into the decks at different bpms

just to add to my whingeing - it wont find my midi controller either

i ve been using ableton for 3 years so know how to set a controller up
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    You runnin a proper copy of traktor ?

With regards to the beatgrid it sounds liek you have some drift. So you will need to either set multiple beatgrid markers or warp it in ableton then render the track out and then beatgrid in traktor!
    hi - yeah - its a legal copy - upgraded from traktor le which came with my NI audio kontrol

i tried setting multiple beatgrid markers cos i thought it would work similar to ableton -you know.. anchoring them at the point where you set them but nope..
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

I learned something new today by reading this thread, thanks a lot.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I learned something new today by reading this thread, thanks a lot.
    what did learn?

i think i learned that i either have a really buggy copy or i just wasted my money

Tech Mentor

hey deepstereo

this is the problem i have - i am not using the autobeat grid - it is switched off in the preferences etc

but that little blue triangle in no mans land is there before my load marker at the start of tracks and like i said i have to press the hotkey to get it to snap to the load marker

i tried something - i set a load marker on a new track - no other cues - mr blue triangle as there - i started to play the track ... pressed the cue button hoping it would
    go to the load marker but .....

it snaps to the blue triangle !!!

i ve just crawled out of bed ... im at home really sick - but i will open traktor later and take some screen shots later and post them up or better still post up some video shots

In that picture it has the beats wrong but the bpm is good so if you just nudge the marker to the first beat it is done. I have no problems with setting warpers in traktor, just make sure you get the first beat right and from there it is not difficult except for non electronic music and songs with tempo changes.

This is of course true, and manually adjusting the first marker woudn't be a problem, however I noticed that many tracks do drift towards the end, and this makes the whole feature of tempo syncing useless, you have to beat match manually.
    And again - there is no drift in Traktor 3.4.

If you prepare the whole set beforehand, than you could spend some time to re-grid your tracks, but what you want to throw in some track you hadn't planned? Chances are high that it won't be regocnised properly.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This is easily fixed by nudging the BPM. It takes around 4 seconds to do it. And I have had the same drift in T3.4.

I haven't seen, nor heard of, a single BPM locator that is perfect, in any software.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    And the grid still dosent match after this point?
    no, the grid is messed up throughout the whole track. Gotta try switching off autogrid and maybe background analysis on load.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast