traktor pro - noob q's and WTF!!1
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default traktor pro - noob q's and WTF!!1

hi

ok im a noob to traktor - just switched from ableton for djing with - i ve read the manual (ok only once) and had a browse at a few tutorials but would appreciate help with the follwing cos i ve been sat at it for a while

1/ beatgrid - i am finding that if i need to adjust a beat grid throughout a track then the other grid lines also move in accordance to how much i have adjusted the grid throughout the track - so if i’ve had to shift things in the middle and end of a track then the grid has moved at the start of the track

i ve tried to place other beat markers in the track to anchor it but i am obviously doing something wrong

2/ - the sync buttons dont always hold or stay pressed down when im synching to another track - is this because my beatgrids are nt matching perfectly ?

WTF 1/ i have a track playing in deck 1 - load deck 2 . .... press sync .. ok .. both tracks around the 127 bpm mark

start to play deck 2 and both tracks slow down, distort and sound as crackly as old vinyl

if i play deck 2 first and then sync deck 1 to deck 2 - they play fine....???

WTF 2/ because of the above problem i tried to reload the tracks - put a different tracks into deck 1 and deck 2 - both around 128 bpm - no problem

reload the original tracks i was playing and in deck 1 and it loads the track at 136 bpm - try it again and it loads it to 130 bpm ..... grrrrr

i have set a beat grid, cue and loop points in both tracks so im not sure why it is so off

my set up is mac book pro 10.5.6 - 2ghz - 2 gb - NI Audio kontrol

thanks

buzby

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Here are some ideas.

For the beatgrid, there are two commands. One moves the grid lines to line it up, and the other increases and decreases the BPM. I think, for what you're doing, you want to drop the grid, make sure it's lined up, and then move the BPM to get the grid lines to move and get them perfect. It's a pain in the ass, but once you get the rhythm of it it's a breeze.

Also, make sure you lock the BPM in the panel by hitting the lock icon.

Make sure that Traktor is not reanalyzing the tracks on Load, which you can check in your preferences.

The tracks slowing down sounds like a latency issue. Make sure that Traktor is not analyzing tracks in the background while you're spinning, and play with your latency a little bit.

Let me know if this doesn't help. I'll be in front of TPro in a few hours and can actually see it to give you more help.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Make sure to sync to the master clock and not the decks to one another when your just starting out that can be causing issues if the track isnt analyzed.

Do that and follow dvls instructions and you should be all good.

Tech Mentor

hey man

thanks for the reply -

turning off the analysis worked for loading the tracks - all at the same bpm when loading - thanks

as far as the tracks slowing and crackling i already checked the latency - loaded 4 decks, turned on all effects to all decks - no crackling etc - so i figured it is nt that

however it didnt happen again when restarting traktor and maybe wont happen again with the anaylsis preferences off

guess the beat grid thing will take some practice - (ofcourse) - any ideas why the sync button will not hold sometimes? is that badly grided tracks ?

appreciate the help man - i ve been waiting for a reply from NI forum all evening and nothing ..and have a large head shaped dent in my wall - hehe

great website by the way

bzzb

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Make sure to sync to the master clock and not the decks to one another when your just starting out that can be causing issues if the track isnt analyzed.

Do that and follow dvls instructions and you should be all good.
    thanks for the post

i was just reading on the ni forum that the master clock/slave is nt in pro 3

can you tell me where it is - i have found the box with midi clock and tick buttons are etc - but not sure how to sync to a master clock

guess i ll be reading the manual again tomorrow !!

thanks

bz

Set your clock mode to Manual, set your tempo you want to mix at manually.

Then on both decks click sync and make sure master is not highlighted on either deck.

Tech Mentor

bentosan

thanks a million

watch this space for more frustrated noobie stuff

bzzb

Tech Mentor

errr

are there any video tutorials for making beatgrid in pro - i can only find tutorials for older versions of traktor

i am finding it frustratingly difficult to line this up - im using the grid nudge and tempo nudge buttons but still end up with things off at some point in the track

its a pretty straight forward track - no weird break downs etc - im starting to think that i ll warp my stuff in ableton and export it

also ... ive set load markers at the start of some tracks but traktor isnt loading to them (i have the load to marker set in preferences) - instead there is always a little blue triangle sitting in no mans land before the track begins and thats where it loads to and i have press the hot key button to load to the load marker

thanks

jeez i ve had a frustrating day with this -
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Tech Mentor

errrr

also - im now loading tracks and the window where you can see the entire waveform does nt show even though you can see the waveform where you set the beat grid?

and the sync button will not sync to the master clock which i have manually set - tried restarting traktor and it is still doing it

buggy as hell .. bring on the ableton/serato collaboration -

Last edited by buzby; 01-14-2009 at 10:00 PM.
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I have no idea why the display isn't putting out the wav form, I'd recommend checking the Native Instruments board for these problems. I know the set up is different and not very intuitive, but it could just be bugs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast