USB hub (latency?) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Convert

I have an Acer aspire 5515 and it only has two usb ports, so i bought the cables unlimited hub, and every time I plug in my vci-100 into the hub it errors, device unrecognized, when i plug in my sound card, fastrack pro, I get noise in my headphones when I use the cue function, loud static like noise.
    If I by pass the hub and plug in these devices directly, everything works fine, but I would really like to get this hub to work as i would like to add more music by way of an external hard drive.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Maybe update the drivers?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Yes i do have the latest drivers for the FTP
    as for the VCI only thing I saw on their website was drivers for the vci 100 mk II, I have the original vci.

In light of upgrading my whole system, just ordered the Cables Unlimited Hub. It's gotta power an X1, RigKontrol, Dicers, a padKontrol, and possibly more, so let's see how it does!
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Tech Convert

Tretuna, let me know how it works out for you, that's the one I have..it's not working for me, hope you have better luck with it.

So I got the hub in... Works pretty nicely with Rig Kontrol 3, X1, Dicers, PadKontrol, and even a hard drive plugged in.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Tech Convert

I'm using this Belkin hub: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-4-Port-Ultra-Mini-F5U407/dp/B000Q8UAWY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308725016&sr =1-1"]Amazon.com: Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra Mini Hub F5U407: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pqzo5bE8L.@@AMEPARAM@@31pqzo5bE8L[/ame]

No external power sources; and so far it's working well. I'd been having problems for ages with my Midi Fighter latency until I figured out my USB 3.0 port wasn't agreeing with it. Once I got the hub everything has been cash. It's enough to handle my Akai LPD8, Midi fighter, and my mouse with little to no latency (none that I can detect).

I'm not sure how it will fare with vci-100's or s4's, but it works well for my controllers.
    BE WARNED: It doesn't seem to like my Audio 2 DJ soundcard, so I'm running that through it's own dedicated USB computer port- maybe a powered hub would work better?

Tech Guru

The Cables Unlimited hub is a beast, and has worked well with everything I've thrown at it. If you're still having issues when using it, you might want to check your USB cables as well.

If you're more adventurous, you might even put a fluke across pins 1 and 4 and see if the hub might be defective and providing less than optimal power.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234