USB hub (latency?) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nudearchitect View Post
    I'd Just like to say that I recently returned the Macally TRIHUB7 USB port because it doesn't work with the Vestax VCI-100SE and it certainly doesn't work with any USB soundcard.
    Strnge just found this thread, on my way to buying a second Hub, the first one is the above mentioned and itīs working just fine in my enviroment.

Mac Book Pro, VCI 100 recently updated too 1.3, Audio 2 Dj, Korg Nano Pad and i even had an old Oxygen all pluged to that hub no noticable latency or prblms whatsoever.

I just ordered the Cables Unlimited USB hub... the Multi TT one... I was going to get the Logitech one, but it doesn't come with the power adapter, which is really stupid in my opinion. Anyway, got the Cables unlimited one for only $20 and that uncluded shipping...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...5J8LR&v=glance

This post is very helpful. Now I just have to decide which one to get.

The only one I could find was the Cables Unlimited. I don't need 7 ports, but it works like a charm.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I have the Cables Unlimited 7-port one too, and my VCI won't power up either.

Can anyone confirm that your VCI-100 powers up fine off this hub? If so, could you describe *precisely* what your setup looks like? Do you use the exrenal power? What's your Host Computer? Does the VCI power up if your Host is not connected, just the Hub? Did you replace the default USB cables?

If we have some verified successes we'll have to investigate that a little further.

Fatlimey,

Look at my sig for configuration, VCI-100 and Oxy 25 through the Cable Unlimited (powered with the included PS). I haven't tried it unpowered.

As for USB cables, I have tried a few as I was choosing the right lengths and none had issues. Both the VCI and Oxy 25 seem to get work well with just about any cable. The cable from the hub to the Mac is the one that came with the VCI (I don't like those see thru cables that came with the hub).

I have not run my soundacrd through it, nor do I intend to try.

And finally , the VCI lights stay on if I unplug the Mac from the hub (hub powered by PS).

Hope this helps, Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

I know most of these say they are compatible with windows os but i noticed most of you have mac os... looking at your sigs... so there is not problem with them used on a mac right?

Tech Wizard

+1 to this thread. could've used all this knowledge before i blew 15 bucks at target. ahh well.. that's what receipts are for!
    15" MBP, BCD 3000, Korg PadKontrol + farmpad
    barely scratching the surface

Tech Convert

quick question,
    would anyone know how it would work if i used a mac keboard that has the two usb slots on it to power my vci 100 and just put my soundcard to the second usb slot in my 15 inch mbp.

I got myself a Targus 7 port USB2 hub (Powered if needed).

Seems to work fine for me.

I need better cables tho.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast