Traktor pro 2 routed to ableton - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by benz1ne View Post
    Will the outcome of the guide be the same as The Bridge in the way Ableton records the actions of the faders? I have an SL3 but no Rane Mixer and used The Bridge but it just overlayed each track with no fader actions (recording an .als)... which was pretty useless to me as I want to record a set into ableton, add samples and fine-tune it afterwards...

I guess I am just a bit confused on the way it's recorded as it shows 4 decks being recorded at the same time but no midi actions?

Any guidance would be appreciated, just moved from Serato to Traktor.
    Umm well yeah you should be able to use ableton to fix your mixes and add filters after you record your mix into. Once your recordered your mix manually quantise it to 1.1.1 start point. This will make sure all effects are on beat. You can from there cut sections to remix, or add in effects to paticular sections. Stuff like this does require some how to guides if you never done it before.

Brilliant thread! I am running Windows 7 and just downloaded the Jack 1.9.7 and i have no idea what to do with this!!!! Can't even begin to think where to start to install this.

Any walkthroughs available?

Tech Mentor

should be a standard wizard to install. doesn't need to be bounded to traktor or ableton. Just install and run.

So if I set this up using my Audio 8 and Traktor scratch Pro2, will I need to be in internal mixing mode?

Like others have said, will it record the actions of the cross faders so that I can record a live mix into ableton and it will record the fader actions? or would I need to also map the corresponding faders ie the physical crossfader on my midi controller to both traktor and ableton?

Im knackered now so will give it a go tomorrow, but to save time would be great if anyone had an answer!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    should be a standard wizard to install. doesn't need to be bounded to traktor or ableton. Just install and run.
    No wizard, just loads of random files and a text file sayin i need to create a script to run the program. I have no idea ha! Is this the correct page:

http://jackaudio.org/download

Tech Mentor

sorry - corrupted download, got it working! Thanks again for the fantastic videos

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    [/url]

If you guys also want. I can make a new video explaining how to use MIDI functions. Such a Ableton Effects, Sugarbytes VST filters, and Native Instruments Filters like Reaktors The Finger.
    That would be brilliant if you can? Nothing else like that that i can find!

Tech Mentor

I feel your pain man. I went through the same looking for windows how to guides and could not find anything. So I decided to head bang against the wall and document after I had it working for others.

Vids I want to post are:

Midi Sync Traktor to Ableton

Use Ableton Filters and VSTs on Traktor Routed Music. Pre and Post production.

Route Traktor into Ableton ::one:::

Post Production Tips

Remix Live Loops and Filters

That's my TODO list. I don't own a MAC so all this will only be Windows 7 Stuff.

Tech Mentor

Looking forward to it - just been on the hunt this week on how this can be done, thanks for spending your time on this!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    So if I set this up using my Audio 8 and Traktor scratch Pro2, will I need to be in internal mixing mode?

Like others have said, will it record the actions of the cross faders so that I can record a live mix into ableton and it will record the fader actions? or would I need to also map the corresponding faders ie the physical crossfader on my midi controller to both traktor and ableton?

Im knackered now so will give it a go tomorrow, but to save time would be great if anyone had an answer!
    To acomplish this there is 2 methods, 1 (the clean way) is to use the jackrouter connection kit to route and reroute the post fader ausio into ableton, 2 (the easy way MIDI map fader controls to the prefader audio in ableton.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast