Which Dj music pool is the best ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Which Dj music pool is the best ?

Hey guys,

I want to sign up for the DJ music pools, to get new releases etc, quickly and with full proof that the music is legal. I'm looking for the one that has great hip hop/r&b collection, as well as good house/electro releases. I found few ones' that i think are pretty good. They are:
    - djcity.com,
    - zipdj.com,
    - digitaldjpool.com,
    - exclusivegrooves.com,
    - franchiserecordpool.com,
    - starfleetmusic.com.
    So my question is the following: in your opinion which one would u consider the best, or one of the best? Maybe you tried few of this, and think one definitely stands out out of all of them?
    The help would be greatly appreciated !

Thx for your time

Tech Convert

I like DJCity because they usually get stuff fast and feature many mixes of the same tune. They also offer instrumentals and 'pellas of songs too.

Tech Mentor

i used to use cdpool, it used to be good but recently its gone down hill so stopped my subsription

www.cdpool.com
    Music is Life. Life is Evissa.

http://www.mix.dj/viral-player/0/steeshuk.html

Tech Wizard

From what i heard, djcity is the best.....however just wanted to check maybe there is something else out there....

The cdpool is interesting however I didn't find a lot of hip hop there....plus it's UK, I live in Canada, it would be great for techno music, but for hip hop ( which is the mostly played genre here) it lacks the tracks.

Thanks for the quick responses thought!

Tech Convert

If you're looking for straight hip-hop with some mainstream then check out cicana.com. They get some good stuff plus hip-hop remixes (like luda on a rihanna track rather than a dance version of airplanes).

I was there for a bit and got some good stuff. Sometimes I join for a month, grab what I want, then cancel. Horrible, I know =)

i had djcity and it was cool...but i didnt want to sound like the rest of the dj's playing nothing but edits and mush ups. Im looking at zipdj.com its a bit pricey but it can be worth it in the long run. I just wish i could be part of a free pool being that Im a working dj.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Go join your own peeps at whitelabel.net :P
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Tech Mentor

The Terms of Use of zipDJ state the following:

5.2 The service has been developed to allow individual end users the opportunity to sample and experience a broad catalog of music at a very reasonable price. By enrolling in the service, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to provide any files obtained through the service to any other party or through any other means. You may only make copies of any file obtained through the service for your own personal use. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE CONTENT TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. zipDJ reserves the right to immediately and permanently terminate your access to the service if zipDJ believes that you are violating such limitation.
    5.3 Because the service is designed for personal sampling and use, you are not allowed to use any automated system for the selection or downloading of files. zipDJ reserves the right to immediately and permanently terminate your access to the service if zipDJ believes that you are violating such limitation.
    The sentences in bold (especially the last one) do really seem to mean that songs downloaded off this site can't legally be used for DJ'ing for an audience, am I right?
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Wizard

Ohh wow, zipDj is out of the question now....I didn't even see that....this is why u need to read everything carefully...
    About djcity, unfortunately, yes, djcity isn't very original, the problem is, that clubs in Canada (most of them) aren't very original as well...and I am aiming to dj'ing at a club....I actually went to few of the clubs, not so long ago, and I knew every single song, except some Reggae, that they played....it's kinda sad, because there are so many songs that aren't made popular by damn radios, and they are wicked....but I remember one dj tried to do his thing, and I remember the floor wasn't moving....than he switch to damn, mainstream, and everyone started dancing and having fun...it's sad in my opinion. However that's how it is here.....
    Also, whitelabel.net will be perfect since I have serato.

Thx for your time guys, appreciated!

Tech Mentor

You guys do realize the whole point of a record pool is to break new songs right? @StephanV - that would kinda of defeat the purpose of it even being a DJ pool correct? You have to give a review of songs if you're a Club DJ - therefore what are you going to do? Just listen to the songs yourself then guess how a club would react to it?

I'm a member of zipDJ - so I believe I have a tiny clue of what I'm talking about.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast