Cracked DVS Software - Page 9
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    I'm not saying that we all should get one copy of software for free but that there are some elemnts in the equasion that are not properly exploited. Instead they exploit users by releasing new and new versions, not finishing the old onez and yet they request new amounts of moneyz.
    There are ways to speak about this other than pirating. You can not purchase their software. You can get on beta lists, give them advice, and if they ignore it you leave it at that.

Turning the other cheek is irrelevant because, as Steve put it, you wouldn't turn the other cheek if someone walked into your house and took something that was yours.

The system is boned and will have to change. Breaking the system from the inside might not work the way you want it to. Encouraging the change through proactivity is what will push the system toward what we all need. If you think it's screwed then get some programmers together and start your own business, and see what it's like when you're giving your shit away for free and want to develop really powerful things.

That's not to say it can't be done, but don't expect a company to be as altruistic as you. That is not the standard. You can be just as helpful to NI by shelling out the money for Traktor, and you'll have a say and a voice. *shrug* You don't get a say at a shareholders meeting without stock in their company, and if you steal that stock you still don't get a say because it isn't YOURS.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

What about explaining the noob thief that he is doing a wrong thing?
    Is that a serious statement. However misguided you are you strike me as an intelligent person so you will understand when i ask 'why on earth should someone explain that your use of pirated software is wrong' ? You know its wrong you dont need anyone to tell you.

Its beggars belief that you can complain about being kicked of the NI forum when you fully admit to taking money out of their pocket by stealing.

Theres no medals handed out for getting involved in the forum and helping other people. The reward for helping out is receiving help from others.

"Ive stolen your software but i showed somebody how to set their soundcard up" it doesnt work like that .

Oh and for the record (as its mentioned in this thread) NO-ONE is paid to help out on the forum certainly not the Moderators. Their time and effort is FREE just like the members who help out just as much so, you can maybe excuse NI for simply throwing people off who use cracked software.

You can use some of the Members of this forum as an example. They buy the software and also spend 100s of hours helping others out here and on NI, yet some people cant even stretch to 99euros to buy the damn thing and then moan when they arent offered support .

Are we 'christians' ? come on dude. Of course not, if we were all christians we would probably give it all out for free as charity.
    I see massive hypocrisy in that question.

If Thomas@N.I came to your house and stole all the food from your fridge and gave it to the tramps in the street would you say "yeah its ok hes helping others out"

Now you are taking my tease too serious. So you are trying to explain something to me other than discuss an idea how the industry could be changing.
    This is xplanation, not whining: Last four years I've been developing software which ends up so cheaply paid that it is not too different than freeware. So I will pay for traktor in the end.
    Interestingly, you said nothing about: still-buggy T3, TPro re-billing old users.
    If you have to pay for Traktor upgrade, are some T3 bugs gonna be resolved or there are users left dead in the water(maybe the term is too strong)?
    Ow, am I the right person to ask this question bkz I did not pay anything so what business is it to me?
    You are co-relating the IRL steal with piracy. Do you relate illegal/whitelabel downloading of music with stealing instruments from musicians?
    Last edited by ToS; 03-08-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: add-up
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Mentor

I used a cracked copy of ABleton 5 on my pc, it let me get hooked until it turned itself off through some backdoor type authorisation thing....

At the time i couldn't of afforded to pay out for a piece of software that i didn't know i could use and the demo at the time wouldn't let me save anything so to listen to any of my mixes i had to record them in creative recorder and be careful not to use the mouse as every click and bing would be heard.....

Now Ableton give a fully featured save allowed 14 day trial.... This for me is a great step in the right direction to get new users on board.......

I'm now on a mac and my attitude to keeping it clean has led me to avoid any cracked software ever since....

Cheers
    D

Now you are taking my tease too serious. So you are trying to explain something to me other than discuss an idea how the industry could be changing.
    This is xplanation, not whining: Last four years I've been developing software which ends up so cheaply paid that it is not too different than freeware. So I will pay for traktor in the end.
    Interestingly, you said nothing about: still-buggy T3, TPro re-billing old users.
    If you have to pay for Traktor upgrade, are some T3 bugs gonna be resolved or there are users left dead in the water(maybe the term is too strong)?
    Ow, am I the right person to ask this question bkz I did not pay anything so what business is it to me?
    You are co-relating the IRL steal with piracy. Do you relate illegal/whitelabel downloading of music with stealing instruments from musicians?
    No dude i wasnt taking it seriously !
    Ive no idea what all that has to do with software piracy though.
    Starting the "Traktor has bugs" conversation has nothing to do with stealing it and is the last resort excuse of someone who simple isnt prepared to pay for it.

No im not saying that stealing music is like stealing instruments. That analogy does not work at all.
    Pirating, downloading whatever its all stealing.

You can word it as cleverly as you like and you go on about Open Source or Freeware or money grabbing software companies but the real world is simple, using Cracked software is wrong. Theres a million reasons and excuses that people can give (most of them made by hippy, utopian , anti-establishement kids) but none of them hold any water.

I agree with what Monika said, make the evaluation period 90 days instead or 30. And then i think the the software shoud be rendered useless.

It's cool Karlos.
    Ok, there has been too many posts about me so let's settle this and move on: I am wrong and a thief. So is 90% of performers/producers from my country.
    Last edited by ToS; 03-09-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: correct typos

It's cool Karlos.
    Ok, there has been too many posts about me so let's settle this and move on: I am wrong and a thief. So is 90% of my performers/producers from my country.
    Do you know that number as a fact, or did you just pull it out of your ass?

That was the safe number. Now I checked with DJ/producer friend that is 10 years older than me and in the business for last 15 at least. He said: 100%.
    For a fact, no-one is using legal windows. And it may be less than 100% just because of some people owning AbletonLE and-or some VSTs that they got for free with the devices.

Hmm thats an interesting statistic ToS. Can i ask you (and with all seriousness) is that because of recent times in your country.

Im not trying to be condensing dude, more understanding.
    I just saw your location and im thinking maybe i wouldnt care about paying for software if i had to go through what your country did...? I am aware of the economic situation in Serbia.

I aint saying its right but...

BTW have you been to the EXIT festival ?

Noone (DJ or Producer) in Serbia is using a legal copy of Windows?

So even those that purchased a non-Apple desktop or laptop, legally, have decided to reinstall Windows with a cracked serial number?

I think you're mislead, and your numbers are way off. Not to mention you're filling people's heads with your PERCEPTION of the environment, not actual truth.

The truth is, you can never know what people are using in your country as a whole...you can only assume. And as the saying goes, assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast