Is one Midi Fighter enough for two decks ?
    Tech Student

Default Is one Midi Fighter enough for two decks ?

Hello All,

I've spent the past year learning DJing with the awesome DJTT's VCI-100 SE.

Lately I've decided to sell it and purchase some more "classic" equipment (DJM-600, Technics, Audio 4...etc) and I now need something to control Traktor.

I was wondering if one single Midi Fighter would be enough to control (that is change/search track, low/high pitch and some fx) two deck or do I need two MF for that ?

An another question, does a MF could replace a Kontrol X1 or these have two different purpose ?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26835

tbh I'd keep the VCI, since it does a bit of everything, however...

The X1 is pretty much the ideal addition to a DVS setup, and it's going to be great when TP2 drops because the top section is perfectly suited to the sample decks. The loop and browse encoders are great as well.

The midifighter on the other hand is great for hot cues and instant FX. There's a new mapping coming out this week or next which incorporates both the Deckalized and instant gratification mappings into one. However, for browsing it's no good. I mean, you could map it to have browse functions, but to be honest arcade buttons are a bit of a ham fisted way of choosing tracks. The X1 encoders are far better.

What can I say, they all do different things. You need to think about what functions you use most often.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Things are quite clearer now, thanks a lot for your help.

As I'm not a FX/BJuggler addict so far, I'm going for a X1 first and Midi fighter in the next few months.

The VCI is definitely a good controller and I've learnt a lot with it but I'd like to buy some more equipment in the future (vinyl...etc) that's I sold it to a young fellow apprentice