Kontrol X1 instant gratification 2 deck - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Tech Guru

If you changed the order of the FX after importing the midi fighter files you have to start over. Delete the midi fighter mappings, re-import and set the in and out ports.

Tech Wizard

yep re-importing after changing the effects was the fix - thanks man

Tech Wizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWRPhlC8nh4

I made a video just to show it to those who are wondering. Nothing good just showing. The start is beatjuggling tho.
    Last edited by BrokN9; 04-17-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Been playing with this for a few hours, working great There are some errors in the Shift pages of both of the templates though:
    • top left button on Midifighter1-2 Shift page should be assigned to C-1, not C1
    • top left button on Midifighter1-3 Shift page should be assigned to C-2, not C0
    • bottom right button on Midifighter1-2 Shift page should be assigned to D#3, not D3

I fixed that, and also made templates for a second X1 to control bank C & D (see attached file). Just use the Midifighter2-2 or Midifighter2-3 template for your second X1 in the Controller Editor, and assign bank C & D to Traktor Kontrol X1 - 2 in the Controller Manager.

Tech Student

it works great!!! thanks!!

Tech Mentor

Thanks but it seems i've missed something... What files do we need at all to get it work? Files from the first page? The tsi from the page 6st or ... Please can you provide a complete tutorial installation for this for me but for the others people who can't understand how to get it work.

I've all the effetcts like the pics from photojojo post, but it don't work. Does i missed something i'm lost.

HELP!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by onetidd View Post
    Thanks but it seems i've missed something... What files do we need at all to get it work? Files from the first page? The tsi from the page 6st or ... Please can you provide a complete tutorial installation for this for me but for the others people who can't understand how to get it work.

I've all the effetcts like the pics from photojojo post, but it don't work. Does i missed something i'm lost.

HELP!!
    I'm in the same boat as you. I cant get it to work with TSP2. Ive downloaded the adjusted Controller editor files on this page of the thread. I dont understand why there is a 1-2 or 1-3 file to use for use with one X-1 unit. Which do i use? I tried following the directions but didnt understand fully what each step meant. Can you clairify these stpes

Remove the current template on the right and choose to import the Kontrol 1-2 template.
    I simply Opened controller editor and went File - Open Template and it created the new Template on the right side. Is this correct?

In Traktor pro, check if the midi notes are the right ones by adding a random (test)function in the controller mapping, press 'Learn' and press the midi buttons. You can check if the values correspond with the values as listed in the scheme which you'll find attached.
    I dont understand how to do this step. Sorry

If the notes differ by 1, redo steps 2 and 3 and import the Kontrol 1-3 template.
    Are you refering to the CC# values?

I then went and downloaded the MF_FX4bank 1.0.2 tsi file and imported that into TSP2. Deleted banks C/D in the controller manager. And finally adjusted my effects so they match step 3 in the initial instructions, with the exception of the last 4 effects being new to TSP2.

When I imported the MF FX 4bank map it deleted my previous X1 device default map from the controller manager in TSP2? Then it switched me to Interneal 4deck mixer mode. Is it suppose to do this? I want to run IG map on my x1 with 2 deck scratch/2deck sample external mode.

Obviously I cant get anything to work properly. Could someone make a quick video? Maybe im missing something really easy here.

update

After re-reading the directions and starting over. I used the 1-3 updated file and I believe its working properly. Only thing i'm not sure of is the top row of 4 buttons, is it suppose to do anything? I'll keep reading aobut the MF map re-read this thread, maybe i missed something.

Have I said this IG map is amazing. Thank you so much!

Thanks Scott
    Last edited by Scott Michael; 04-24-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Tech Mentor

Oh okay but did you use the tsi from exokinetic or not?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by onetidd View Post
    Oh okay but did you use the tsi from exokinetic or not?
    Use the TSI located in the mappings section of DJTT. Just lick the mappings tab above and download the regular MF IG map.

I cant seem to get this to work on deck A... everything seems to work ok for Deck B though... im sure its something so simple that im overlooking...*sigh*

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast