Kontrol X1 instant gratification 2 deck - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    The only thing I think could potentially break it would be the effects order getting changed, but that is pretty easy to change back...

But if any of the commands for current controls change, its going to get messy.

>.<
    That last thing is what worries me. The new fx usually get added at the bottom of the list so it shouldn't interfere.

Awesome work, michelygil!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Thanks for this! I managed to pick up a used X1 over the weekend and just got this working. It's lots of fun playing with all of the effects.

So I have a few questions. Since I deleted the C & D banks what do the top 4 buttons do? Should they be doing something?

And I'm going to try and build off this too since none of the other knobs and buttons are doing anything!

w00

The tops 4 buttons work as a "hold" function, I suggest you watch the Ean Golden vid on the IG mapping.

Basically, while you are holding down ANY effect combo, press the top button that corresponds to the deck you are currently in, and it will hold the effects as you currently have them, i.e. you can let go of the controller. The "hold" buttons LED will illuminate to signal it is holding. Press the button again to release the hold.

Awesome stuff this!

I mapped the top of the X1's MIDI layer back to almost exactly as it is mapped on the Native Instruments layer. I went back into the controller editor, and changed ALL the effects controller o have exactly the same notes for basic, and shift, so when I hit shift to toggle the deck focus, all of the effect modulation controls are exactly the same as deck A. I am not going to be using the buttons for changing the effects that are loaded into the banks anyway, and the knobs don't do anything in the shift layer anyway.

I find this to be rather cool, as it allows you to modulate the combo's with the faders on the top of the controller, unlocking EVEN MORE effects awesomeness.

I'm seriously loving this.

**EDIT**

I'm pretty sure I had to add some output commands to get LED feedback to the top 2 hold buttons.... but I forget now, lol.
    Last edited by exokinetic; 03-29-2011 at 01:38 AM.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    The tops 4 buttons work as a "hold" function, I suggest you watch the Ean Golden vid on the IG mapping.
    Thanks! I watched the video again. The first button is hold and it looks like other 3 are free to be assigned

Awesome stuff this!
    Yes! I'm having a lot of fun mapping shit out.
    I am not going to be using the buttons for changing the effects that are loaded into the banks anyway, and the knobs don't do anything in the shift layer anyway.
    I'm confused. I have already started messing around with the knobs and I was able to assign them per deck via the shift button. Unless you are talking about something else. What shift layer are you referring to?

I find this to be rather cool, as it allows you to modulate the combo's with the faders on the top of the controller, unlocking EVEN MORE effects awesomeness.

I'm seriously loving this.
    I'm still working my way up towards that but like the sound of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post

I'm confused. I have already started messing around with the knobs and I was able to assign them per deck via the shift button. Unless you are talking about something else. What shift layer are you referring to?

In the stock mapping for the X1, on the shift layer the buttons are for effect selection, but the knobs arnt bound to anything, that is what I was referring too

So I just have both MIDI layer (basic and shift) sending the EXACT same MIDI notes, so I only have to map out one layer of effect controls for the top 8 buttons and knobs, and they work exactly the same for both "midifighter" decks.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Ahhh I see. Please post it when you are done!

Sure thing!

Ill post the Controller Manager settings that you will need to import so that your basic and shift layer for the effects section work properly, and the .tsi file that I use for the MIDI layer.

As a side note on the mapping I am about to upload:

The effects section is exactly as I described, and ONLY the "chained" controls are mapps, because the FX Units you have control over (FX 1 and FX 2) are set as "chained" in the IG MidiFighter mapping.

The 4 "FX Bank Activate" buttons on the Kontrol are mapped like this:

On the basic layer they are FX bank active buttons for Deck A, banks 1,2,3,4 from left to right.

On the Shift layer they are FX bank activate buttons for Deck B, banks 1,2,3,4 from left to right.

This helps when you go crazy on spamming buttons and certain effects decide not to turn off, you can easily see (because they have LED feedback) and instantly disable them with a quick button press on the X1.

The "loop" encoders do EXACTLY what they do in the stock mapping.

The "browser" encoder do mostly what they do in the stack mapping:

In basic layer, they move up and down through the tracks in the current directory you are working, and pressing it loads the track into the respective deck.

In the shift layer they move up and down through the folder tree, the press expands/collapses the folders.

^win

And the top effects section acts as I already described.

So with ought further adue:

Internal Kombo Breaker is the controller manager template you need to import, it is based on the the "midifighter 1-3" template from the original download in this thread, so if you are using the "1-2" controller manager template then you might need to alter the template.

MIDI Effects is the .tsi that contains the mappings for the rest of the MIDI section on the X1.

ENJOY!
    I'm addicted to WoW.

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about. What's the instant gratification mod etc?

Will check youtube later, I suppose.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Mentor

just hit "mappings" on top of the forum and look at the vid of it. it's a nice effects mapping from Ean with some pretty special super-combos which add new effects on top if you press cerntain buttons at once or in order.
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast