Kontrol X1 instant gratification 2 deck - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Sick work man.

I wonder if it would be possible to map 4 decks...I'm thinking it's going to be heavy on the modifier states. HMMM

Great work for sure!
    The problem is the IG mapping already uses all 8 modifiers. If we port this to NHL then we could use the hotcue button to get the 2 more pages we need.

Tech Wizard

well i kind of got it working after re-installing my x1 driver its now reading midi but only the bottom 2 rows of buttons do fx and the first button on the third row the rest dont work for some reason

Tech Guru

@padi

Mapping this to native mode would be a nightmare LOL. It would be awesome to use the rx assign buttons. To be honest I usually mix with 2 decks anyway, but its always nice to have more power.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The problem is the IG mapping already uses all 8 modifiers. If we port this to NHL then we could use the hotcue button to get the 2 more pages we need.
    I haven't checked out the IG mapping to full detail, but surely it's not using all the modifiers with all the levels (8x8).

@konig: it kinda looks like you might have the same problem/curiousity I have with my X1's. You could try to load template 1-3 into your controller editor instead of 1-2.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    I haven't checked out the IG mapping to full detail, but surely it's not using all the modifiers with all the levels (8x8).

@konig: it kinda looks like you might have the same problem/curiousity I have with my X1's. You could try to load template 1-3 into your controller editor instead of 1-2.
    I'll study it in detail tomorrow but using an occupied modifier could be a nightmare when you perform certain combo since it will throw off the focused deck value. I'm certain the 4 deck port can be done

Tech Mentor

can you explain how it work plz? i've tried it and only some effects are respond... plz give me more informations. tx anyways ^

I realize it would be kind of a pain....

But can someone please list the "proper" order that the effects need to be in my list in traktor so that the correct effects are selected by the IG mapping?
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Thumbs up

Okay I just realized that the link you posted earlier was to photojojo's pic of the proper order.

Lol...

And, I FUCKING LOVE YOU OMG!

Just when I though my ridiculously custom mapped X1 was maxed out, you go and spring something like THIS on me...

And COMPLETELY change the way I use effects.

You sir, get a gold star.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Mentor

amazing, thanks a lot! it didnt work at first but changing the order of effects did the trick

edit: for the 4 deck mode, couldn't you just map the top row to assign all 4 effects banks to one deck and remove the assign efx to deck from the buttons? so you press the first button in the top row and all 4 efx banks are active on A, then play with the buttons. press 2nd button for deck B etc
    Last edited by Ashigari; 03-27-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

@Ashigari: that could work i suppose, but remember to remove all the buttons in the IG mapping that turns them on too. And it might collide with the whole brains behind the IG mapping.

Since I'm only using 2 decks, I've taken the liberty of use the two topright buttons and use them to turn off all the possibly active effect units turned on to deck A and/or B. for some reason the IG mapping leaves them on in certain combinations which is cool, but not very wanted when you want to use the effects units for other purposes too.

@exokinetic, thank you for the kind words, but to be fair, there's hardly any brains behind it. It merely enables someone to use the X1 for the splendid IG mapping, which really is the brains behind this. I just noticed there were some templates for the launchpad and such, but nobody took the short time to post it for the X1.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast