Kontrol X1 instant gratification 2 deck - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Check the order of your FX in preferences. I think that was discussed as having an affect on a mapping in a separate thread, but it was for something else.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Must be the FX order since I'm getting the same issue with S4. There is a way to make this work with 4 decks but it will involve scarifying a modifier (making the top row switch from 0-3) and some heavy remapping.

@photojojo: thank you for the quick reply and believe it or not, but that actually worked like a charm!

I had a search for the right post, for the people interested:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...cts#post250009

After setting the order of the effects, you need to remove and re-import the IG mapping.

Funny how that actually affects the whole mapping, quite sloppy work by NI I would say!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    @photojojo: thank you for the quick reply and believe it or not, but that actually worked like a charm!
    I aim to please

Now I wonder if this would be a simple dirty way for someone to change what effects are in the instant grat mapping without having to dig into the mapping itself? Not the best method by far, but in a pinch maybe it could be useful.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

SICCCKKKK. could we see a quick vid =]]
    DJ Class C
    Traktor Scratch Pro & Ableton
    http://www.soundcloud.com/djclassc

I suppose so, since the delay was my effect on the top and on the right order it's beatmasher. but the again, why not sort on the "effect select" command in the mapping and choose the effects you desire yourself. Shouldn't be too hard to give it your own spin to it.

@djclassc: I don't have a cam here right now, but following the instructions in this thread, it should be dead-easy to do this.

Little update: I've updated the templates and corrected the channel-error, thanks to Padi for noticing it!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Wizard

Im trying to get this mapping to work on my x1. I have the template loaded in the controller editor and the IG tsi loaded in on traktor yet the x1 dose nothing in midi mode. Am i missing something>?

I have been thinking of a good use for the midi mode for a while now this would be perfect!

Konig, if the template results in doing nothing, it could be one of these things:
    - you have added the template, but another template is active - make sure the imported template is the only one active for your X1
    - make sure you remove the [c] and [d] parts of the IG mapping just to be sure
    - select the in- and output channel for the [a] and [b] parts of the IG mapping or to be safe, put it on 'all ports' for testing
    - check the midi-message that get's send when you press the buttons in midi mode. fastest way to do this in traktor is by adding a random function, select 'learn' and press the button you want the value off. you can check if it's the correct values by checking it with the scheme i've attached to this post.

Tech Wizard

why you say make sure the template is active do you mean it should be highlighted in gray in the controller editor. If so that is how I have it. I deleted mappings for decks c&d and the output/inputs are on all ports. I noticed that when I put my x1 in midi mode and try to map it to generic midi functions it wont learn the buttons. Maybe its not recognizing in midi mode for some reason?
    I have it enabled. I'm pretty new to the controller stuff tho so I may just be missing something.

I really appreciate the help though!

Tech Guru

Sick work man.

I wonder if it would be possible to map 4 decks...I'm thinking it's going to be heavy on the modifier states. HMMM

Great work for sure!
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast