MIDI Controller Shield for Arduino
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MIDI Controller Shield for Arduino

I've been working on a shield for an arduino mega that would simply plug into the arduino and give you the folllowing layout options: 4 led push buttons (purchased from Livid Instruments), Either 4 vertical sliders OR 2 vertical sliders with 6 potentiometers, and 4 encoders with indicator led (3mm or SMD). Additionally, the bottom of the PCB would have pin hearders to break out an additional 30 digital I/Os (4 PWM) and 6 analog. The idea is that you can easily plug a 4x4 arcade button group (ie midifighter) into the board and have a nice customizable controller thats easy to solder and avoids using multiplexing chips. I have yet to get some boards made and would like to gauge interest. Thanks.

6 pots with 2 sliders

4 sliders

view of arduino mega

does the controller module have a integrated midi shield? Otherwise it would still require coding for every module .

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytekaushik View Post
    does the controller module have a integrated midi shield? Otherwise it would still require coding for every module .
    It is strictly a "breakout" board for the listed components that plugs into an arduino mega so you would program your sketch just like they were all connected via wire. Im just trying to streamline the process

big up, on this!

been looking into the arduino scene, and most certainly like that crap!!!

depending on the price, I'd definitely be up for getting one.

why the I/O limitations? would be useful to be able to use 16 analogues to cover 4 channels (3 eq and gain)...

any ideas on what you'd charge per shield?

I hear ya on the addtional analouge channels so ill look into squeezing a multiplexing chip in yhere. im working on getting a prototype done so ill have an idea of price hopefully soon but I guess maybe 20-30 usd??

Tech Mentor

30 for just the shield I am assuming, not including components (faders, buttons, etc)?

I'd most definitely get some muxes in there... it would allow us to even further customize things...

Any plans on releasing the schematic/board files? (or more importantly, the sketchup components? i spent way too much time mocking up faders and buttons.. yours look great! )

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    depending on the price, I'd definitely be up for getting one.
    same! :eek:
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobsagat666 View Post
    I hear ya on the addtional analouge channels so ill look into squeezing a multiplexing chip in yhere. im working on getting a prototype done so ill have an idea of price hopefully soon but I guess maybe 20-30 usd??
    Bob how much for a built one? Im looking for a design to use to control traktors internal mixer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

I have a question, particularly concerning the MIDI implementation on the Arduino.
    Do you do midi over usb? If yes, over the USB plug already present on the Arduni?

If yes again, how?

If no, how do you communicate via midi, a plug?

Thanks, and looking AWESOME. Keep it up!
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast