2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FX - Page 18
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JazZmutant View Post
    Thank you sir! Really good mapping. Will let you know if I end up using it in a gig after ive tried it out for a while
    You Bet! Thanks, I use it every week

Quote Originally Posted by tombarton View Post
    I was about to get a midi fighter when I saw this thread and now I'm thinking a launchpad could be a good alternative! I use an S4 now and really wanted the instant gratification mapping on a midi fighter to go with it but am I right in thinking this has all the features of the MF's mapping? The super combos etc?

Also can someone tell me what the pads of the Launchpad are like? Are they as responsive as the MF? Can I bash away at hotcues as well as I could on arcade buttons?

I do mess around on ableton so this could be an attractive option but the feeling of the pads is important to me.

thanks
    Yes the super combos are mapped as well. IMO the pads are great and very responsive. The LED feedback is great to see in action, a feature you don't get on the midi fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by drmore View Post
    Hi thanks for shareing your setup, love it!

However I think noticed a bug in the turntable fx mod. Releasing the button on deck A does not reset the dry/wet. You get the sound of deck coming back up to speed instead of the track kicking back in.
    hmm. Not sure why its not working for you. The dry and wet instant kicks out upon release for me. Did you import my tsi files or use my directions to create this effect on your own?
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

Tech Mentor

I used the files from the link. Tested again this morning and it works perfectly.

Super chuffed, thanks again!
    Last edited by drmore; 05-24-2011 at 04:25 AM. Reason: new info

Tech Mentor

is lo-fi not used in the supercombo's though? what difference does the turntable stop make to these?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    right i tried this again last night and its 100% the led's that are causing the problem. was playing tunes mashing the pad for 2 hours with no led's. turned them on and 15 minutes later the whole system crashed. It has to be something specific to traktor as the LP work perfectly in ableton suite 8 and in max4live running 7up with full led feedback.

laptoip specs: intel pentium dual core mobile processor T3400 (1MB cache L2 @ 2.16Ghz), Mobile Intel G140 Chipset, 4GB DDR2 Ram (3 usable with windows 7)

as I have said above its something specific to Traktor Pro 2 and the LED's crashing my lappy as I can use it perfectly without LEDs or I can use it with led's in ableton!
    I was having much the same issue, after a bit of playing about I figured a work around......

When you first load traktor go into controler manager & for the 4 tsi's set in port & out port to launchpad then change the out port to none. You should see the lights come on in banks as you do this for each tsi then stay on without feedback or any flashing thereafter.

As I said, only a work around to give you some lights & indication of the layout. I have tested it rigorously & all seems to be stable.

When I get more time I shall try to re-place the led commands in small groups until I can figure out what's causing the issue.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Simon S View Post
    I was having much the same issue, after a bit of playing about I figured a work around......

When you first load traktor go into controler manager & for the 4 tsi's set in port & out port to launchpad then change the out port to none. You should see the lights come on in banks as you do this for each tsi then stay on without feedback or any flashing thereafter.

As I said, only a work around to give you some lights & indication of the layout. I have tested it rigorously & all seems to be stable.

When I get more time I shall try to re-place the led commands in small groups until I can figure out what's causing the issue.
    thats a neat little work around for now and I am glad its not just me having this issue!

one thing i noticed when I was playing around with the LED outputs is that if you remove the beat phase monitor outputs it extends the time using the LP with LED's before it crashes so that is casuing some kind of issue, I am guessing with the rate it needs to update the monitor. DOnt really need it anyway so its no loss.

let me know if you get any further with it, I am going to have a play with the tsi again tonight now i have windows reinstalled.

Default Led fix

I found some spare time and decided to make a new version for those having issues with LED messages. This version is constant on at brightest state. I changed the beatphase monitor to a more simple in/out. Please let me know if this solves your issues. Cheers!
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jhyphinwill View Post
    I found some spare time and decided to make a new version for those having issues with LED messages. This version is constant on at brightest state. I changed the beatphase monitor to a more simple in/out. Please let me know if this solves your issues. Cheers!
    is this updated with the turntable stop aswell?
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

Quote Originally Posted by -AyeAreTee View Post
    is this updated with the turntable stop aswell?
    I went back to the original version with Lo-fi, I can make a tt stop version as well.if you want.

Tech Mentor

Yes please, i would appreciate that very much
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

Quote Originally Posted by -AyeAreTee View Post
    Yes please, i would appreciate that very much
    No problem ill try and have it available tonight!