2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FX - Page 16
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I'm gonna look into changing the colours etc. I'd prefer them to be full on and then change colour when used, rather than half on and then full on when used.

It's odd you still have issues. Mine works perfectly with Windows Home Premium 64 bit with Launchpad, VCI, Audio2DJ and external hard drive connected so plenty of USB messages going back and forth.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

It is very weird, all i can think is my laptop is not good enough?! either that or i have a faulty LP which just crashes every now and again.

if you could do this mapping with lights off and have them come on (full colour not dimmed) when pressed I would love a copy to see if that helps. I am going to have another play around with this tonight when I get home from work in an hour so will see if there is anything else it could possibly be but its definitely something to do with the LED's on the LP as I couldnt use it fo r more than 15 minutes

does any know if traktor might cause the crash when asking for permission to access the trsuted zone when using AVG antivirus? reason I asked is I just remember when I was using this yesterday an avg button popped up asking for permission to access the trusted zone as I only istalled TP2 on Sunday and clicked yes and there has been no crashes since. might just be coincidence, will try with lights on and off tonight.,

failing this I might just buy a Midifighter if I can be bothered to wait for delviery to the uk!

What are your laptop specs?

I had issues trying it on a crappy Celeron M 1.86GHz with 2GB RAM. However, the same laptop now has Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz and 4GB RAM and runs it all very smoothly!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

right i tried this again last night and its 100% the led's that are causing the problem. was playing tunes mashing the pad for 2 hours with no led's. turned them on and 15 minutes later the whole system crashed. It has to be something specific to traktor as the LP work perfectly in ableton suite 8 and in max4live running 7up with full led feedback.

laptoip specs: intel pentium dual core mobile processor T3400 (1MB cache L2 @ 2.16Ghz), Mobile Intel G140 Chipset, 4GB DDR2 Ram (3 usable with windows 7)

as I have said above its something specific to Traktor Pro 2 and the LED's crashing my lappy as I can use it perfectly without LEDs or I can use it with led's in ableton!

If you only have 3GB usable, then I'm taking your running Windows in 32 bit? Also, that CPU is pretty weak by today's standards. Even though it's "dual core", it only has 1MB cache and is only a small notch above the Celeron CPU's.

With my 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4mb L2 cache and 4GB RAM running 64 bit Windows 7, I'm not having any issues.

It may be that cos Traktor itself doesn't support multi-core CPU's, having a weak CPU may be causing Traktor and in tur your CPU to buckle when trying to control all your MIDI signals. It would explain why the whole system crashes and locks too (as I had with a Celeron CPU).

Whereas it may work in Ableton, it may simply be that Ableton has a more efficient MIDI control system meaning it's less taxing on your CPU. Just a hypothesis.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    If you only have 3GB usable, then I'm taking your running Windows in 32 bit? Also, that CPU is pretty weak by today's standards. Even though it's "dual core", it only has 1MB cache and is only a small notch above the Celeron CPU's.

With my 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4mb L2 cache and 4GB RAM running 64 bit Windows 7, I'm not having any issues.

It may be that cos Traktor itself doesn't support multi-core CPU's, having a weak CPU may be causing Traktor and in tur your CPU to buckle when trying to control all your MIDI signals. It would explain why the whole system crashes and locks too (as I had with a Celeron CPU).

Whereas it may work in Ableton, it may simply be that Ableton has a more efficient MIDI control system meaning it's less taxing on your CPU. Just a hypothesis.
    I have tried it on 32 bit and 64 bit flavours of windows 7 ultimate and home and get the crashes but only with lights on.

the laptop is nearly 2.5 years old so I am not surprised but saying that I have gigged with this set up and never had any other issues ith traktor pro on the laptop. I even do a monthly online radio show with this set up and never had any crashes so it must be a midi communication issue in traktor that my cpu just cannot take

btw ableton supports multicore so that is one reason why it probably copes with the led feedback whereas traktor doesn't. why on earth didnt they make traktor support dual core?

looks like its time to start saving for a MacBook Pro 13inch i7 dual core 2.7Ghz!!!

Tech Mentor

i have another general question about the mapping, when used with a MF it has bank buttons, what are these for and how come they are not included in the mapping?

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    i have another general question about the mapping, when used with a MF it has bank buttons, what are these for and how come they are not included in the mapping?
    Not sure I dont have a Midi Fighter. I have tweaked the mapping a little. I wasnt really using the Lo-fi button so I changed it to a quick turntable stop, like you hear in todays music. It picks up right on time and does not start up like a turntable upon release.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jhyphinwill View Post
    Not sure I dont have a Midi Fighter. I have tweaked the mapping a little. I wasnt really using the Lo-fi button so I changed it to a quick turntable stop, like you hear in todays music. It picks up right on time and does not start up like a turntable upon release.
    its a great mapping mate shame i cant run it with led's!

any chance you could change the mapping so the colours are on permanently (e.g. they dont change from dim to bright when touched) so I can see if that will work?

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    its a great mapping mate shame i cant run it with led's!

any chance you could change the mapping so the colours are on permanently (e.g. they dont change from dim to bright when touched) so I can see if that will work?
    I'm sorry its not working for you. I currently dont have time to change all the outputs. You have the mapping just mess with all the "out" commands to your liking.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53