2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FX - Page 15
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

uhmm i was thinking about, a 4 full decks solution, with 2 launchpads, i just order the 2nd one

Tech Mentor

I am getting a crashing issue to with this mapping on my launchpad. Everything works fine for the first 10/15 mins then my entire laptop crashes, sound goes all jittery and then the whole thing locks ups and i have to hold the power button down on my laptop to shut it down as mouse etc wont move or work.

I think its a usb/midi issue and that my laptop cannot handle the amount of information being sent to and from the LP to refesh lights etc. its so annyoing as its a fantastic mapping which I really want to bring into my set up.

My laptop is a couple of years old but i can run the LP no problem in ableton suite 8 with led's etc with no problem at all. I have also been running traktor pro 1 for ages on it (no LP use though) to dj and do a radio show on so it can handle most things.

any one have any idea's how i might be able to overcome this issue?

set up is:

Traktor Pro 2
    Numark OmniControl with in-built soundcard
    Launchpad with Jwill Launchpad Fighter mapping

laptop specs:

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/no...5730Zsp2.shtml

but I am running 3 gb ram and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    I'm on 32 bit XP Home SP3 and it works for me.
    I was talking specifically about 32 bit difference on Windows 7.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    I am getting a crashing issue to with this mapping on my launchpad. Everything works fine for the first 10/15 mins then my entire laptop crashes, sound goes all jittery and then the whole thing locks ups and i have to hold the power button down on my laptop to shut it down as mouse etc wont move or work.

I think its a usb/midi issue and that my laptop cannot handle the amount of information being sent to and from the LP to refesh lights etc. its so annyoing as its a fantastic mapping which I really want to bring into my set up.

My laptop is a couple of years old but i can run the LP no problem in ableton suite 8 with led's etc with no problem at all. I have also been running traktor pro 1 for ages on it (no LP use though) to dj and do a radio show on so it can handle most things.

any one have any idea's how i might be able to overcome this issue?

set up is:

Traktor Pro 2
    Numark OmniControl with in-built soundcard
    Launchpad with Jwill Launchpad Fighter mapping

laptop specs:

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/no...5730Zsp2.shtml

but I am running 3 gb ram and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    I reported this problem a few posts back using Windows Ultimate 32 bit. Changed to Windows Home Premium 64 bit and then it works perfetly now.

I initially assumed it was a 32 bit vs 64 bit issue in Windows 7. However, you say you're using 64 bit.

Therefore, only thing I could narrow it down to is something is bloating Windows Ultimate version and causing this issues (another user had issues using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit too).

Trying to find the issues could be like a needle in a hay stack! That's why I went for switching OS type to Home Premium. Do you actually need Ultimate version? Try Home Premium as it fixed the issues for me!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    I reported this problem a few posts back using Windows Ultimate 32 bit. Changed to Windows Home Premium 64 bit and then it works perfetly now.

I initially assumed it was a 32 bit vs 64 bit issue in Windows 7. However, you say you're using 64 bit.

Therefore, only thing I could narrow it down to is something is bloating Windows Ultimate version and causing this issues (another user had issues using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit too).

Trying to find the issues could be like a needle in a hay stack! That's why I went for switching OS type to Home Premium. Do you actually need Ultimate version? Try Home Premium as it fixed the issues for me!
    yes mate I am running on 64bit system and like you say I think its something in Windows 7 that just cant handle all of the info from the Launchpad that it sending out and receving. I have read a few issues of midi issues with windows 7 but no solutions which is annoying.

another thing it might be is traktor 2 in 64 bit W7 but you say you are running it fine in this OS as previously I had traktor pro on a 32bit system so wondered if its worth rolling back?

I will even try it with the LED feedback off to see if it works without all of the pretty lights which would be good if its works but i like the lights!

I haven't got a copy of windows 7 home but have a copy of Windows XP pro which I am going to install on a partition with nothing else to see if it runs ok on XP, if not then I know it must be something other than the OS.

I thought it might have been my soundcard as well but putting some stupidly big latency to test this and it still does it even if i use my onbaord laptop one so its not that either.

its so frustrating becuase this would add sooooo much to my set up and i just knew it wouldnt work properly with my set up :eek:
    Last edited by fdawg; 05-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Tech Mentor

i should add i have even emailed novation to see if they know of any known issues with windows 7 ultimate 64bit and midi from the Launchpad BUT knowing novation and there lack of customer service ( i know a few people who have contacted them for issues and were all told "it cant be the launchpad as its a simple device so get a new laptop etc") I dont hold out much hope they will be able to help.

Tech Convert

Many thanks for this mapping.!

Tech Mentor

right for those of you struggling with crashes like me and bunford where I have managed to find a solution......you have to turn all LED feedback off.

I have tried this mapping in 3 flavours of WIndows 7 (Ultimate 32 & 64 bit and Home Premium 64bit) and everytime I got a crash after about 10/15 minutes of use. first I tried just turning the beat phase monitor off which extended the use for about 30 minutes in total before full lock down. I eventually went through and turned all output led's off in the mapping and it worked completely stable for 1.5 hours with no crash or stutters. so it must be a an issue with the amount of info needed to update the the leds etc.

this leads on to another question...

WOuld someone with more knowledge of this mapping than me be able to change the origianl mapping so instead of the LED's going from light colour to solid colour when pressed could somone make a mapping where they are just on solid colour permanently? This will enable me to see what is what on the launchpad but the LEDS wont need to be updated which should stop the crashes?

if not i will just have to learn the mapping's layout with no led's!

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    I haven't got a copy of windows 7 home but have a copy of Windows XP pro which I am going to install on a partition with nothing else to see if it runs ok on XP, if not then I know it must be something other than the OS.
    On my install disc, I have the option to install any Windows 7 OS. However, it is then your key that licenses it. I believe that it you have a genuine licese key, you can then license any version of Windows 7 below that. That's how I installed Home Premium, even though I have a Ultimate license.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    On my install disc, I have the option to install any Windows 7 OS. However, it is then your key that licenses it. I believe that it you have a genuine licese key, you can then license any version of Windows 7 below that. That's how I installed Home Premium, even though I have a Ultimate license.
    hi bunford,

tried it on W7 Home Premium 64bit, W7 Ultimate (32 and 64 bit) and it still crashes.

only way to stop crashes was to turn all LED's off. I started by turning off the phase monitors and this helped but still crashed.

I need someone to make a copy of this mapping BUT with LED's on permanently (e.g. they dont change from light led to solid led, they are on solid all of th time) so I can see the layout at least, if not going to have to learn the layout and use it with no LED's!!!