Midifidler's Pro-Control Development Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Dude, looks like a Korg Zero4 if you ask me.

But cool concept!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Allready got some great feedback from Ean so I have few more things to tweak on that concept.

I have 600 meg to go on Solid Works then I can start modelling, then I can upload a 3d model which you can look at in a free download viewer.

In the mean time I have to learn the intricacies of designing a solid USB hub...

@ Tekki

lol it sure does, its even got the back lit knobs!

Time for another 3 hour meeting of circular discussion

Cool man!

And good good luck with the circular discussion!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Got a little question,

that send buttons above the faders, are they used for assigning FX Send 1/2 ?? (Related to Traktor Pro) and the knob above it does the ammount? Or is this a panpot ?

I see you made a few nice modifications from the pic you sent me originally, nice work dude

Are you going to backlight the buttons with multiple different coloured LEDS that are triggerable by midi for different colours ?

@Bernie

yeah the A/B sends are just that. The knob above is a rotary encoder with 16 leds to give direct feedback of state. I will use this for filter control, with some smart programming I can have three states, just LP, just HP, LP + HP (as it is on the gui knob on pro), each mode will have a different color back light so you know instantly which mode it is in.

@Bento

The send buttons and kill buttons are all backlit similar to the bank select buttons on the MF, infact Im using the same ones for the kills. When the state is OFF they glow slightly so you can still locate them easily in the dark, when ON they turn on full power. All the Pots are the back lit type used in the Auroa, all the library navigation buttons are the VCI buttons which will have two different colors of LED in each, each led will have a unique address, so you can get four different color states (inclduing off).

I just changed the design of the rotaries so the leds are bi-color allowing three different color states for the feedback - red, blue, purple
    Last edited by midifidler; 01-22-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    @Bernie

yeah the A/B sends are just that. The knob above is a rotary encoder with 16 leds to give direct feedback of state. I will use this for filter control, with some smart programming I can have three states, just LP, just HP, LP + HP (as it is on the gui knob on pro), each mode will have a different color back light so you know instantly which mode it is in.
    So how will you controll the fx parameters? also with the encoder knob?? (I think there are 4 options to edit FX in Traktor Pro, so you got to find a way to edit all of them at the same time...)

FX will be handled by the next part of the system, this will comprise of two identical units each with two deck transport control and one excessive FX slot control area.

While I know have a fair idea of how I will lay the deck controller out it is going to be even more complex than the mixer and require much more thought as it will be very different to anything else out there, the mixer part is just a translation of the traditional mixer paradigm to the digital world.

Fortunately the design of the mixer is progressing very quickly, I expect to have built the electronics within 4 - 6 weeks so could potentially have the whole unit finished in three months, depending on how the coding goes....

Nice! Looking forward to it! By the way, I'll order one

Couldnt you use the note velocity to control the dimness of individual leds, that would be pretty neat. That way you could do stuff like have your LEDS glow in time with a FLO and stuff like that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast