The VCI arcade mod screwed up my jog wheels...
    Tech Convert

Default The VCI arcade mod screwed up my jog wheels...

So, after a few weeks of work, I just completed the VCI 100 arcade mod, and the new buttons are absolutely spiffy. Now that I have it put back together though, the scratch function on the jog wheels does not seem to work. Strangely though, when i tip it over a little bit, it works all of a sudden.

Most likely this is due to my having to improvise with the screws as my friend's dog ate the other ones (I'm not kidding), so all the screws in the jog wheels are not the same as the original ones, they are much shorter in fact.

Does anyone know how the jog wheels work, and what things i might tweak to fix it? Also, if someone knows the size/type of screws that the jog wheels take?

Thanks in advance!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by crownthelizard View Post
    So, after a few weeks of work, I just completed the VCI 100 arcade mod, and the new buttons are absolutely spiffy. Now that I have it put back together though, the scratch function on the jog wheels does not seem to work. Strangely though, when i tip it over a little bit, it works all of a sudden.

Most likely this is due to my having to improvise with the screws as my friend's dog ate the other ones (I'm not kidding), so all the screws in the jog wheels are not the same as the original ones, they are much shorter in fact.

Does anyone know how the jog wheels work, and what things i might tweak to fix it? Also, if someone knows the size/type of screws that the jog wheels take?

Thanks in advance!
    Did you lose the springs?

Tech Convert

Nope, springs are still there.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you talking about the screws in the center of the jog wheel? Also make sure they're not loose. I suspect that the length is pretty important in contributing the making the electrical connection complete when you touch the metal plate on the jog. I would take one of the screws to a good hardware store and get you one to match the length and material which I think is stainless steel.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Are you talking about the screws in the center of the jog wheel? Also make sure they're not loose. I suspect that the length is pretty important in contributing the making the electrical connection complete when you touch the metal plate on the jog. I would take one of the screws to a good hardware store and get you one to match the length and material which I think is stainless steel.
    Yeah, it's the screws in the center of the plate, the problem is that i lost all of them, so i have no reference to go by.

All of them in both wheels? Maybe someone with a VCI on here would be nice enough to take one in and find out exactly what size they are so you can order them from fastenall or something.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

Ok I've fixed jogwheels (for someone else) due to the exact same problems you're having....

The screws he used were not the same, they were slightly longer and they were shorting to the plate/metal below causing incorrect midi signals and sometimes nothing at all.

If anything....find screws that are shorter (grind them perhaps) OR go to an electronics shop as they may have assorted small screws.....(that's what I did)

good luck..

BC

yeah I think the length of the screws is the issue here. Do what BC says and let us know how it goes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

Maybe if you ask really nice, someone with a VCI-100 will take the screws out the jog wheel, figure out the size, and post that information here.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39