Question regarding mapping multiple controllers
    Tech Wizard

Default Question regarding mapping multiple controllers

Is there any way to change an entire mapping from one channel to another channel? As in changing all controls from channel 1 to channel 2 without having to go through each individually?

Someone please say yes...

Quote Originally Posted by herenow View Post
    Is there any way to change an entire mapping from one channel to another channel? As in changing all controls from channel 1 to channel 2 without having to go through each individually?

Someone please say yes...
    assuming u mean midi channel then no. but... if you're on a mac that xtreme mapping app should be able to. i know i'll be buying a copy of that as soon as my mac turns up
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Yeah... no mac, but if xtreme mapping does that, I'm definitely going to borrow a mac for a day. Sure wish they would do a port of that program to pc. Need all the help I can get with mappings in Traktor... it is just about the most tedious process ever for 2 controllers. (2 reloop contours)

Quote Originally Posted by herenow View Post
    Yeah... no mac, but if xtreme mapping does that, I'm definitely going to borrow a mac for a day. Sure wish they would do a port of that program to pc. Need all the help I can get with mappings in Traktor... it is just about the most tedious process ever for 2 controllers. (2 reloop contours)
    why would u need to tho? each controller can use all 16 midi channels independently of any other controller assuming u set the in+out ports explicitly for each. i.e: each contour can choose to just use midi channel 1 with it's own copy of the tsi. shouldn't be any conflicts between them. in fact trying to share modifiers between controllers is a bitch. i'm assuming you're on tp2, i know this area was different on previous incantations.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Well, either way keeping 2 mappings in sync, or duplicating 1 mapping and re-assigning the decks/sample decks etc... is very tedious. (Using 2 Reloop Contours)

What I am doing now is since each Contour has 4 banks that can be assigned, I'm going to use each bank for different effects setups. (kind of like what TechTools did with the S2 mapping.) So then I need 3 copies made of each controller mapping... ) Having some type of copy/paste features is necessary.