getting started. equipment help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default getting started. equipment help

ok im new to this so sorry if im posting in wrong spot. but basically im wanting to create and dj my own dubstep. im not sure what i need though. but im wondering if a traktor total control mixer and korg nano midi controller will work for what im wanting and how do i hook it up to play out of my house stereo sysetm/ rack system/ amp,receiver,eq etc? any help appreciated

Before you choose what hardware you want, you should spend some time deciding on what software you're going to use. Since you want to DJ and produce, ableton live is probably a good place to start. Download the trial version and see if you like it. If so, it'll be easier to pick hardware that's optimized for its use.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

i was thinking traktor pro2. im new to this so dont really know what is good or bad or even best. wanna start with something cheap to see if i enjoy it

Start by downloading a free trial of Traktor or VDJ if you haven't already. If your short term goal is to mix songs and play house parties that software is your best bet. IMO VDJ is easy to learn the basics on with just a computer. Once you get a cheap controller consider the full version of Traktor or even Serato.

Ableton is an amazing program for all kinds of producing and live mixing/creating, but is not your traditional "turntable" style layout
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

ive downloaded ableton and i was able to get one almost kind of dubstep wobble sound but to me it was more of a noise that made me want to punch my pc. i tried to download traktor but it said the files corrupt so cant try that. i dont wanna just mix songs together im wanting to make all the wobbles and stuff like that. but have no clue how to begin

will the ableton novation launch pad work better for my want or should i get the numark mixtrack pro?

Dubspot Ableton Videos

You might find these helpful. There are videos specifically about producing dubstep with ableton.

on the hardware front, I have a launchpad and its a great device, though if you're interested in DJing as well you might want to look at the APC40.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Wizard

If you're looking to produce as well as DJ. I'd recommend ableton, based solely on TP2 Can mash up different sounds, and samples, but you won't be making anything per say in it. Ableton might be the only live DJ software that you are able to create and mix songs. (Could be wrong).

As far as hardware goes, launchpad would be good, or the APC40, or even a maschine.

that is what im wantging, i want to produce/ make my own dubstep and then dj mix together my own dubstep. but thank you very much i will be ordering a ableton launchpad tonight. now how do i get it to play through my stereo speakers? i have a technics reciever, eq, and amp going to a 15inch full range speaker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast